Another moving receiver in house question

fish

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 31, 2004
I have 5 receivers. 3 hd and two sd. Since my wife n I live alone this time of year when it gets really cold we kind of stay out of the one part of the house n live a smaller part. Too complicated to explain fully but our house is huge and we save on heat. Sooooo, last night I tried to move a 622 receiver to our guest room and the kitchen 612 lost satellite. I'm confused because the 622 is not one of the two receivers that have a power inserter. Why would removing a receiver make another lose reception? When I plugged it back in to where it was originally we got reception again in the kitchen. We have a cable coming from one of the switches to the guest room just waiting to be hooked up.

Setup,

2 dish 500s western arc
2 dpp44 switches

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just wondering bout this. I assume I can just experiment n switch cables going in to the dpp44 switches from the dish until I get the correct combo?

Guess a better would be again van anyone tell me why a nob power converter receiver wen taken out of the lne would make others lose reception. The answer may help me figure this problem out

Do not mess with the cabling coming from your Dish antennas! This will only complicate matters.

OK, I don't own a DPP44, but having owned DP34's and a daisy-chained DPP33 and cannibalizing a DPP twin for it's internal DPP32 switch, I think I can say with some degree of authority that the downstream DPP44 will not receive a signal when the upstream DPP44 is unpowered. Similarly the downstream DPP44 will not supply signal to any of it's receivers if it is unpowered.

Since the DPP44's suck so much power, it's really best to keep the power inserter on coax 1 coming from both switches. From the symptoms, I believe your 622 is connected to port 1 on your switch and it does not have a power inserter. Recommend unplugging one power inserter, and then the other. The one that, when unplugged, does not cause loss of signal, should be moved onto the coax going to where your 622 was. It does not matter that no receiver is there any more.

Thanks so much. That makes sense. I'm gonna give that a try. Just place the power inserter in the line by itself in exchange for the 622 that when removed makes my system lose signal. If u can follow that haha! Thanks. Hope it works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts