Another Multiswitch question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hutch001b

Original poster
May 2, 2004
I went down and saw a thread about a multiswitch problem but it didn't quite answer my question. This morning I had intermittent service on all channels. I get locals by sat. and they were out too. This afternoon I have no signal at all. I have a 5x8, I think, multiswitch. 4 connectors from the dish, one for antenna, and one for power supply, and 8 outputs. The LED on the switch is not on. I'm figuring that the switch is bad but I also noticed that I am feeding 31 volts from the power supply instead of 24v. Is this much variance normal, or could the power supply just be defective and not the switch? Thanks, Hutch

Try taking the switch out and testing your receivers with a direct feed from the dish. If that works then you know that the problem is with your multiswitch. Whether the problem is with the power supply or the dish is tough to tell, if you have another power supply you can give it a try. Beyond that I would say see if your switch is still under any warranty, or pay to replace it. DirecTV will replace it if it is under a service agreement.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)