Another Newbee to FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Musher

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
Hello, as the title says I'm new to fta but not to Satelliteguys. I been thinking about getting a fta system, well today I did. Got if from Gold sponsor GOsatellite.

I bought the "nfusion HD with the 8PSK" plus the dish 36" and the SG2100 motor and a few other things too. When it comes I'll take some pic's and post them for all to see, and write a review about it too.

But I know I am in the right spot if I need help with any help during setup and down the road. Thanks to members such as Iceberg and many other's.

So time to start down the path of FTA.

Musher

If this is your first, get ready for some fun! Setting up a motorized dish for a new user can be tedious, but it's not impossible lol. Can;t wait to hear how that box blind-scans. And yes, somebody around here can help out with the motor setup, it just takes some patience and tweaking to get it just right.

I have not seen much on the nfusion HD and it add in board, I would certainly double check and research that is can be used for regular 8psk and not just turbo 8psk. Hopefully someone that has experience with this box and board can comment. You should be fine with the SG2100 and 36" dish.

You can probably see through the vents, what chipset model is used on your 8psk board. How they seal the receiver after adding the board?

this is my first system, and for turbosat all what I have been reading here about setting up the motor can be tedious but like you said "Patience". When it comes next week and in the next couple of weeks I'll post about the what type of 8psk and how the blind-scan goes. So only time will tell, and lots of "patience"

My first setup was a motorized system and it went smoothly with the help of the fine people here.

As said Patience and if you have a question I'm sure someone here will help.

Hello, as the title says I'm new to fta but not to Satelliteguys. I been thinking about getting a fta system, well today I did. Got if from Gold sponsor GOsatellite.

I bought the "nfusion HD with the 8PSK" plus the dish 36" and the SG2100 motor and a few other things too. When it comes I'll take some pic's and post them for all to see, and write a review about it too.

But I know I am in the right spot if I need help with any help during setup and down the road. Thanks to members such as Iceberg and many other's.

So time to start down the path of FTA.

Musher
i bought the same receiver and for some reason it is defaulted to the Dish Satellites would be interested as to how the add on board works congrats on your first system you in for a great and fun hobby

Here are some pic's of the Nfusion HD FTA receiver. hope they come through.

Attachments

• DSCN0292.JPG
    DSCN0292.JPG
    1,016.2 KB · Views: 148
  • DSCN0273.JPG
    DSCN0273.JPG
    696.6 KB · Views: 134
  • DSCN0276.JPG
    DSCN0276.JPG
    979.8 KB · Views: 127
  • DSCN0277.JPG
    DSCN0277.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 143
  • DSCN0280.JPG
    DSCN0280.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 116
  • DSCN0281.JPG
    DSCN0281.JPG
    965.3 KB · Views: 124
  • DSCN0284.JPG
    DSCN0284.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 138
  • DSCN0288.JPG
    DSCN0288.JPG
    515.7 KB · Views: 126
  • DSCN0291.JPG
    DSCN0291.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 155
Another Newbee FTA Updated 7/6 pic's!

will post more pic's when I install the 8psk unit.

I hope you know the Nfusion is a iks pirate receiver, the board is most probably to pull in Dish nets patented turbo fec feeds, I would have to say the dish and motor are great but you should have reviewed receivers a bit more before purchasing.

turbosat, will be working on putting the dish and other things up in the next couple of day's. Everything I need came today.

tdti1, I did look into the receiver and what you are saying is true but wanted something different. I thought about the Pansat 9200 HD but went with the nfusion.

We'll see what and how well it work's sometime over the weekend.
Musher

Well got everything up now and now is where I need some help. The motor will not move, it does have a Reset Button on it also I'm not sure about the Elevation is right will get some pic's to post of the setup.

Lat 88.7 Lon 43.2 Motor Elv. 43 Declation is 6.6 so does that mean the dish elevation should be 36 cause some web things say 23. so any input will only help.

Musher

Update: The Motor is now moving east to west and back but I think it is the Elevation cause I'm getting some signal strenght of 37% but no signal quailty. I did get some pic's The Motor move very well using Diseqc 1.2.

Attachments

• DSCN0575.JPG
    DSCN0575.JPG
    453.6 KB · Views: 110
  • DSCN0578.JPG
    DSCN0578.JPG
    569.7 KB · Views: 111
  • DSCN0579.JPG
    DSCN0579.JPG
    513.3 KB · Views: 96
  • DSCN0580.JPG
    DSCN0580.JPG
    440 KB · Views: 100
  • DSCN0581.JPG
    DSCN0581.JPG
    440 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Was there 2 weeks ago

Musher

You are where I was 2+ weeks ago, as it stands now I can scan from 82 to 119 and every sat in between.

There is an ark in the sky (sat position) that you need to match with your set up.

Envision a 180 degree semi circle going from east to west. now all those sats are along that line (that is why your truest south sat will have the highest elevation)

I know this may sound Greek now, but read and it will come to you, cut 2 180 degree semi circles out of paper, put dots along it ( to represent the sats) then miss-align those arks and you will see why you can pick up some sats and not others.

As a New Guy and seeing you have the exact dish I have, here were my down falls.

"True South" it's tough to find, setting the 30 degrees on the dish it's self and the elevation.

For me, I got closer to "True South" once I removed rare earth magnet (for RC planes) motors to the shed.

On that dish you have, to get it parallel, measure the distance from the back of the dish to the movable bracket on the top and bottom (making them match).

Once you have the motor at 0 degrees, you have to make sure the dish is at 0 degrees too. I measured from the side support to the back of the mounting bracket, I made both sides equal.

Now (depending on the rx), my Coolsat 5000 does NOT have the strongest transponders programed in to it, and when scanning for a sat, you may be looking for a frequency that does not exist on that sat, meaning you will miss that sat, read my son READ.

For true south vs elevation, if you can goto 82 and get a stronger signal when you put slight doward pressure on the dish,yet when going to 119 you have to use upward pressure then you know you are a degree or 2 too far to the east, YET if you have to use upward or down ward on both sats then it is a simple elevation adjustment.

I know alot to asorbe (because I'm still trying myself), stick with it as I found TODAY, I now have the widest range I have had to date.

I posted about buying this Coolsat rx and spending $5 for it then having to spend $250 to make it work, I asked if this was how "It all started" and I was told "Yes".

Well the next few days of my vacation were rainy (not a good time to align) so I went online to find things out, I was amazed.

When we talk about the old CBs, HAM raidos, it was all about the "QUEST", I was very into that quest. I viewed this FTA as a continuation of that quest,
then I found these,

Watch Live Online TV Channels - USA
Live Channels - Entertainment - Most Popular - English - Justin.tv
The best site for movies - Watch and Download free Hollywood movies, Asian Movies, Asian Drama, Korean Movies, Japane Movies, Taiwanese Movies, Chinese Movies
http://www.hulu.com/tv
TidalTV | Watch TV online. For free.
OVGuide Online Video Guide: Watch Free Movies, Streaming Videos, Watch TV Shows, Video Games - It's what's ON the Web

I will tune my set up to be the best it can be then it may just rust away, in the "Few" links I posted above vertaually everything (and then some)I can get via FTA, I can get online free as well.

Talk about being at a cross roads:D, have fun

AFM

Musher

Can you post your 8 psk board full chip models, as printed on its each chip?

AFineMan

82 to 119 is the very small portion of Clarke Belt you referred to.
When you suggest online programming in place of FTA, it would help to add, what max screen size & resolution you get online, what is the compression method used for online programs, what are required min internet connection speed and PC specs to get similar in picture quality programming as Nfusion HD delivers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts