Another one bites the dust....

Saw this morning that Best Buy is confirming the Wii price drop for Sun. 9/27.

MS is offering $50 MIR on the elite until Oct, so for now, you can get 120GB Elite for $250.

Shortly after that ends, might start seeing the new holiday bundle appear, it packs in Lego Batman and Pure.

Nice family bundle, but probably not the kind of bundle most of my friends would get excited over.

I got the ring of death about 1 1/2 months ago, and went through the repair process, boxed up my 360 and shipped it off under extended warranty. About a week later got replacement 360, it is a different console but same hardware. Have had no issues with unit at all so far, thankfully. Though I must say, the other unit was about two years old, and up until about six months ago didn't have any issues with it either. In the beginning it kept giving two red lights because it was over heating. Then suddenly, went to turn it on and it was dead.

Just to remind everyone, post your console death in here.

I sent one of mine in the same day cybok did and expect it back this week. I had forgot abut the extended warranty. This box had been in the closet for a few months

Mine died, 3 years, 2 months. buttom lower right red light, with an E 74 error.

Just went out and bought a new one. Back up and running now. My 5 year old was having Black Op withdraws. 5 days is a long time when you are a kid to be without your xbox.

Vodad1 on Xbox Live

That sucks, but from what I hear the new ones are solid. Only time will tell though.

Mine died, 3 years, 2 months. buttom lower right red light, with an E 74 error.

Just went out and bought a new one. Back up and running now. My 5 year old was having Black Op withdraws. 5 days is a long time when you are a kid to be without your xbox.

Vodad1 on Xbox Live

Mine died yesterday with the same light but a E71 error and mine was 3 years old plus as well.

I tried to tell my wife that the new one was quiet enough I can move it back in the bedroom and play while she sleeps.

but she reminded me that I am not very quiet when I play.

Now I just need to find time to look for stuff to put on it to have more fun.

If you don't have Rock Band, then get it and your wife can play too. She will enjoy it.

We had the guitar hero band thing a couple years ago, takes drunk karaoke to a whole new level. I think we still have it in a closet somewhere, will have to go looking for it, I know we still have a couple guitars at least.

Back to the store Friday night, I needed a new headset, so the wife grabs the Turtle Beaches and throws them in the cart and says you might as well get these.

Dang she is just on a roll lately with getting me what I need for the Xbox. Also bought the 5 yr old a copy of COD4 for the DS, so that maybe he will leave me alone so I can play the big one.

(only thing I am wondering is, what is all this going to cost me in the long run, wondering what she wants :what )

Back to the store Friday night, I needed a new headset, so the wife grabs the Turtle Beaches and throws them in the cart and says you might as well get these.

Dang she is just on a roll lately with getting me what I need for the Xbox. Also bought the 5 yr old a copy of COD4 for the DS, so that maybe he will leave me alone so I can play the big one.

(only thing I am wondering is, what is all this going to cost me in the long run, wondering what she wants :what )

In a word......Jewelry. :D

Did you get the PX21s? If so let me know what you think. Iwant to get a set, but several folks in the Amazon reviews are reporting a hissing sound, and others have said they fail after about two or three months. They do have 4 stars though.

No, all I got was the X11's with little kids around I hate spending too much on stuff, maybe in a couple of years when they are a little older, and hopefully a little more less destructive then I will get some better ones.