Another question about SSO receiver PVR function

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blindowl1234

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
SouthWest Ohio
I've manage to record and burn SD programs recorded from my Sathawk-SSO. Question is has anyone recorded an HD program and converted it to something that will play on a typical DVD player.I have a bluray player also but my computer doesn't have a Bluray burner. Maybe I'm trying to convert the HD program to an MPEG2? I'm not sure at this point all I know is I can watch it on tv using the receiver and my 1Tb Iomega external drive. If I try to copy the file using PVAstrumental or ConvertXto DVD no luck as I'm sure it doesn't see the HD format. Any ideas? I'd love to be able to let others see what movies I recorded without being tethered to the SSO receiver...Thanks Blind

I've converted a few TS files to lower resolution (ie the widescreen equivalent of 640x480) files using WinFF.

WinFF - Free Video Converter

It's a GUI that runs FFmpeg, a powerful conversion tool that can convert anything to anything. There are a lot of presets that make tons of conversions possible. The only drawback for me is that it can take 24 hours or more for my P4 2.8 GHz machine to complete a conversion. After I reduce the resolution of the file, I then use NeroVision to author the DVD. This method might not be completely artifact free, but it works.

There are probably simpler, better solutions, but this is the one I use and I hope I helped.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)