Another question about utilization of tuners just to make sure i understand it correctly.

jwalkermed

Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
United States
Currently with uverse and like it. Moving to neighborhood with TWC (hate it). Probably making the move to satellite. I have a question about use of tuners. I think I got it but want to make sure before I sign a 2yr contract.

Anyway to simplify it let's say I have 1 hopper (living room), and 1 joey (bedroom) total of 3 tuners.

Say I'm concurrently recording 3 programs on the hopper using the three tuners. Can I use the joey to watch one of the 3 programs being recorded? From what I've read it seems like this isn't possible and that the joey needs its own tuner and I think that seems odd.

Further if the hopper is recording 3 shows, can you watch one of the shows being recorded on the hopper or would that require a separate tuner as well.

Anyway thanks for any replys.

Yep you can watch shows currently being recorded from either the Hopper or the Joey, without needing another tuner.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Use the red button from the normal TV display to show the channels available. It will show the Big 4 and 2 other tuners plus any OTA. Shouldn't the Big 4 really be thankful to Dish for giving them this prominence? Yeah, instead of complaining about the Hopper and PTAT.

Dish, how about doing the same for any transponder that has multiple channels? What a nightmare explaining it. Just do it and if it is useful, let us use it. For example, say USA, Syfy, and A&E, to pick 3 at random, are on the same TP, you could get all on one tuner. Or maybe a bunch of premiums?

-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)