Another rain issue question!

stangman39

Original poster
Jul 6, 2005
Hi all,
New here.

I've had DirecTV for about 3 yrs now. Same dish that was sent to me when I 1st signed up. Never really had any problems unless it was raining really hard/thunder storms etc. Well, about 3 wks ago I started having issue...couldn't get a great signal on a clear sunny day, would have to unplug and "reboot" and it would work ok and then act up again. Then got to a point where I wasn't getting any signal strength. Had a tech come out and replace the LNB (figured out after the fact I could have bought one myself and replaced it and saved some $$!!). Well, that seemed to fix the problem...was getting 85-91% on all transponders. I still get that on clear sunny days. However, now, even if I get slight rain/drizzle etc. I lose everything! I only get about 29-45% transponder signal strength when the lightest rain. We had storms last night and some this morning and the rain has stopped now...but still cloudy...only getting 0-29% readings...no channels. If the sun came out right now for 5 mins I'm sure I'd get 85-91% again!
Do you think I've got water in my cables? Should I go buy another LNB?

I guess the biggest thing that bothers me is I never had these issues b4 and ever since the LNB went south and a new one installed it has never been the same.

Thanks for the thoughts,
Mike

Try look around the cable from dish to your receiver, or at the ground block, sounds your cable has moisture or bad connection. Of cause, if everything is all a O.K. that the receiver may acting up if you has the Phillips or RCA brand.

I've got the DirecTV Panasonic receiver.
I think it has more to do w/the moisture on/in the cable somewhere when it rains. I noticed the installer of the new LNB just left the cable where it screws into the LNB just hanging out in the open....so it was for sure getting wet in the rain.
It has stopped raining for about 2 hrs now and my signal strengh is starting to come back. When the roof dries off some more I'll get up top and check things out closer.

Thanks,
Mike

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts