KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
While over in Budapest, Joe has been shown a different app for streaming to your android device.
The owners over at Amiko say this one works a bit better than the BIG2small app.

This one is simply called the Amiko Streamer APP. I thought great place to try would be one of my kindle Fire HD's. I had the big2small app working on one that I have not fully rooted. It would crash a lot. I just installed this one one there and right off it loads faster and runs smoother. It did crash one time, but I was throwing a lot of commands at it. Since it is new, I was trying to break it. :)

Anyway if you have an Amiko Mini HD SE, download it and give it a shot and post here what you think about it.
If you don't have one, now is good a time as any to buy one. It is nice to take my tablet out on the porch in the evening and watch a show or the news and enjoy the fresh air.

Remember this will only work on the Amiko Mini HD SE.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.amikostb.alistream

Reactions: T134 and Titanium
So it looks like a custom app from amiko :) you still run Big2Small on STB.

Michael did you get any errors with over 300 channels with new apt?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not yet, I will test more later tonight, when I have time, but I have a bunch of birds scanned in now and the BIG2small won't load.
So this is looking good so far!!

Guess I should clarify that. The BIG2small app loads just fine itself, it will not load a channel list though.

Does the new app do radio channels? I seem to remember reading that big2small doesn't.

Good question. I will test later.

So big2small won't work with your bunch of channels but the Amiko app does? This is the one thing I am looking for vs big2small. Other stuff can be messed with in the app later during my playtime.

Looking to get another satellite box...

Does the Amiko mini HD SE also have an android app that allows you to access other stb functions remotely (ex. Blind scan) or are the apps available only for viewing/streaming channels?

Only for viewing channels at this time.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

So big2small won't work with your bunch of channels but the Amiko app does? This is the one thing I am looking for vs big2small. Other stuff can be messed with in the app later during my playtime.
Well got it to work first night
and can't get it to work again. I will try again later. See what the heck is going on.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)