Another receiver bites the dust

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Maui

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
Oregon
I am going on my third receiver in less than one year now. This last one lasted two months. Why do they keep sending out these piece of sheet receivers? This is an H20. I'm considering going to comcast because they're offering a hell of a deal on cable/phone/internet. When the damn thing did work I was having audio issues. I'm tired of this crap.

I am going on my third receiver in less than one year now. This last one lasted two months. Why do they keep sending out these piece of sheet receivers? This is an H20. I'm considering going to comcast because they're offering a hell of a deal on cable/phone/internet. When the damn thing did work I was having audio issues. I'm tired of this crap.

Well you should be getting the same leasing deal with DirecTV and less expensive programming and much more HD. You don't have to buy your equipment, based on the latest offers. do your homework. It's your call.

The HR20 is apparently discontinued, so the newer models (HR21) do not have OTA, they may have an alternative to that later with expense to you, so you must evaluate the costs and decide what works for you.

I've been with directv since they started and never had any problems until I went HD. I love the picture, but man can't they get their act together on this equipment? My first HD receiver in the bedroom lasted six months, the second one lasted two months. The HDVR in the theatre room went out last winter and had to be replaced.

To top it off they still don't have the local HD CBS feed.

Sorry for the rant.

I've been with directv since they started and never had any problems until I went HD. I love the picture, but man can't they get their act together on this equipment? My first HD receiver in the bedroom lasted six months, the second one lasted two months. The HDVR in the theatre room went out last winter and had to be replaced.

To top it off they still don't have the local HD CBS feed.

Sorry for the rant.

Do you get your locals OTA or Satellite?

If your equipment is failing, and you own it, you may be out of luck, if you are leasing you will get he HR21 which doesn't have OTA, eventually there will be an alternative but at more cost. Sorry for the facts.
:eek:

I own both of my HR20-700S units and for a year they have been working well with CE, etc. I am puzzled why many are having issues. Sorry you are. I hope my units last for some time.

I just lost one of my R15's after the latest update as well.

I love my DirecTV and I LOVE Sunday Ticket, but with some of the CSR debacles I have had in the last year (equating to literally $200 plus in accidental overcharges), I am not all that anxious to pony up $199 (the discount I was offered) to lease an HD DVR.

As stated, I love my DTV, but the competition in this arena (At and T just launched in my neighborhood as well), DirecTV has got to come correct. Their NFL trump card w/ its mandatory price-gouge for HD is just not a good handcuff anymore.

Do you have your receiver on a UPS? The $40-$50 investment might save you a good deal of hassle. You would be surprised the number of issues caused by poor power supplied to equipment. Especially if you are having repeated issues, it is worth a look.

As an added bonus, you can watch TV during power outages.

Well you should be getting the same leasing deal with DirecTV and less expensive programming and much more HD. You don't have to buy your equipment, based on the latest offers. do your homework. It's your call.

The HR20 is apparently discontinued, so the newer models (HR21) do not have OTA, they may have an alternative to that later with expense to you, so you must evaluate the costs and decide what works for you.
The HR-20 is not being discontinued. The HR-20 700 made by Pace is not being made any more so that Pace can make the HR-21 700. The HR-20 100 is still being made with no plans to cancel that i am aware of. This rumor has made the rounds, thats for sure.

To the OP sorry to hear about your problems, what exactly is going wrong with your boxes?

You're right though, the H20 is a POS, no doubt. I went through 3 of them until I made D* give me a free HR20 for all my trouble. If you bitch enough, and the the right person, you should be able to persuade them to give you a free HR20. (ok so another $5.99/mo DVR fee, but worth it)

The HR20-700 DVR has been awesome. Would not trade it for anything. My HR20-100, although a little different, and has had minor glitches that were resloved by resets.

But if you like that all in one combos that cable offers, then go with that. I would say it all depends on how much you like HD programming, cuz that's you're biggest reason to stay with D*.

It's amazing the differences. My HR20-100 has been my work horse and the 700's I have seem to have the glitches and new out of the box units being defective. No I take that back my second receiver was a 100 series that was bad a couple of days out from the install, the replacement was a 700 and that lasted a couple of weeks and that was replaced again with another 700 My first 100 since switching back to D* is a couple of years old and has never needed replaced. Now watch the thing break.....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts