RC64R remote battery life = 3 days?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

switchmode

Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
I just had a new HR21 installed exactly 1 week ago, I'm on my third set of remote (RC64R) batteries! I'm about to call for a replacement remote, just wondering if anyone has run into this before. The remote works fine, and doesn't seem to have any stuck buttons.

Also, I measured the current draw with a fresh set of batteries installed, it draws about 25mA just sitting there (!), about 50mA when a button is pressed, which explains the battery life.

(on top of this the refurb, scratched up H20 they installed already has a bad BBC, failed after 5 days!)

Me neither; however after I do use up the disposables I switch everything to rechargeables that save money over the long term.

Be prepared to pay $15 for a replacement remote. My remote was bad when I got it and I called the next day. "Pay $15" they said. I told them that if that was the kind of service I had signed up for, to just cancel my new subscription. After talking to three levels of CSRs and supervisors, I got a replacement remote free.

My remote had a bad button, not excessive current draw.

I'd say you have a bad remote. I'm still running the batteries that came with it, with RF turned on.

Your channel surfing too much. You need to take a break and get some sleep
Replace your remote. 25mah draw will kill a car battery in 3 weeks.

Since the H20 is bad, are they sending a replacement? Usually the replacements have a new remote in the box. Not sure what the 21 is using for a remote. Can you take the h20 remote and re-program it to run the 21? May have to switch to RF mode but it should work and hopefully to avoid the $15 fee, and hopefully they will send you another remote with the replacment H20

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)