Another recording glitch with hopper

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
When I first got the hopper I had the problem where recordings were disappearing after the first week. Now it seems like that problem is fixed and I've discovered a new problem. In the past 2 days I've had 2 different recordings that have disappeared in a different way. FYI, I have series timers set for all the shows I watch which automatically puts them in my DVR folder.

1- Yesterday I tried to watch "Motive" that I recorded on 5/20 at 10pm on ABC. When I try to play the recording the banner at the top is correct but it was the 8pm time slot of "Dancing with the Stars" that was on the DVR.

2- I had a show I recorded on Sunday, 5/19, CBS. It was called "ACM Presents" and was on from 9-11pm. I've watched about 1-1/2 hours of this last week whenever I had time so I know it was there at one time. Well this afternoon I was going to finish watching the last half hour but its gone. The shows still listed in the DVR and when I play the show the banner at the top is correct. But what's actually there now is "60 Minutes" that aired at the 7pm time slot.

So for some reason it appears that after that 8 day period, the shows that were in the PTAT folder disappear. It seems to default back to whatever show recorded during that first hour of that evening. I can't say how often this is happening because most shows I watch before the week is out. As anyone noticed this problem? I hope Dish is working on a fix.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

PTAT shows by design, delete themselves after 8 days. But, I think you know that, right?

When I first got the hopper I had the problem where recordings were disappearing after the first week. Now it seems like that problem is fixed and I've discovered a new problem. In the past 2 days I've had 2 different recordings that have disappeared in a different way. FYI, I have series timers set for all the shows I watch which automatically puts them in my DVR folder.

1- Yesterday I tried to watch "Motive" that I recorded on 5/20 at 10pm on ABC. When I try to play the recording the banner at the top is correct but it was the 8pm time slot of "Dancing with the Stars" that was on the DVR.

2- I had a show I recorded on Sunday, 5/19, CBS. It was called "ACM Presents" and was on from 9-11pm. I've watched about 1-1/2 hours of this last week whenever I had time so I know it was there at one time. Well this afternoon I was going to finish watching the last half hour but its gone. The shows still listed in the DVR and when I play the show the banner at the top is correct. But what's actually there now is "60 Minutes" that aired at the 7pm time slot.

So for some reason it appears that after that 8 day period, the shows that were in the PTAT folder disappear. It seems to default back to whatever show recorded during that first hour of that evening. I can't say how often this is happening because most shows I watch before the week is out. As anyone noticed this problem? I hope Dish is working on a fix.

This is the first time I've heard of this. Can you send me a PM with your account information? I would like to submit a technical problem report about this issue.

I had a similar problem with the season finale of NCIS LA a few weeks ago. I have a timer set for the show and, when I tried to watch it after the PTAT copy expired, the DVR version saved was actually the NCIS show which preceded it.

I had a similar problem with the season finale of NCIS LA a few weeks ago. I have a timer set for the show and, when I tried to watch it after the PTAT copy expired, the DVR version saved was actually the NCIS show which preceded it.

I will submit a report about this too. The more examples I can get the better.

That's exactly what happened on both instances for me. After the PTAT copy expires it seems to revert back to whatever show aired during the first hour time slot of that night.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

Well the missing recording struck again tonight. I have the last 5 recordings of "Hannibal" on my DVR. Tonight I tried to watch the oldest recording which aired on 5/9/13. But just like the other times. The banner at the top shows it to be "Hannibal", but the recording is actually from the 8pm time slot, "Community". Luckily I found the episode on the NBC app and was able to watch on the Apple TV. But this is starting to get old.

The cursed hopper strikes again. Tried to watch Anger Management that came on Fox, 6/3/13, at 9:30pm. But what I have is the 8pm time slot, Raising Hope. This is really getting old!!

No it hasn't. I have so much stuff recorded I would need to buy an external hard drive first. I reported this to DIRT and was told they've received a few other complaints about this as well.

Unfortunately, I think the next step would be to replace the receiver. I personally have not seen this.

I've found a possible work around that I'm trying first. Since PTAT seems to be the problem I've turned it off for everyday except one. You can read in more detail in another thread here.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/313336-PTAT-any-reason-to-still-use-it

If this doesn't solve my problem I'll buy another EHD to transfer my current shows over and swap out the hopper. Thanks for your help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts