ANOTHER religious channel

Status
Please reply by conversation.
ke4est said:
If you don't believe in God(I do), then just don't watch the channel. Just like I hate the shopping and soap and etc channels.

Like damaged said though most are bull, but they are cheap too carry and the sheep love them. Makes more people love DTV.:rolleyes:

I believe in Santa Claus. Maybe God will have that channel added for me....

joedekock said:
This is very true. In the 80's and 90's there were a handful of these "Tel-evangelists" that made the bad rap for pastors who are truly following God's call on their lives. I define a pastor as a man who feels God has placed a calling on his life to preach his word to the lost, or a congregation. But as a result is sacrificing "things" of this world to better God's kingdom through themselves. So a pastor can have a nice car, but a Mercades or Cadillac is "unnecessary". As for a lot of things in their lives. People just seem to take a minister more seriously if he is sacrificing in his own life, and leading by example.

I happen to be very opinionated and up To snuff on what the Bible says a minister's life should be, (read 1st Timothy) because we had a Evangelist take over as pastor in our church about 5 years ago. After finding out he drained all of our accounts, and cut spending to missionaries completely, but yet was able to afford a Mercedes, and a home in a closed gate community, we had left the church. Then when the rest of the congregation found out, he was canned. Turns out he had also re-financed our church's building three times in the two years he was there also, so he made out with a lot of cash.

But his judgement, like all of ours will come.

Good post joe. I totally agree with the "lead by example" comment. People need to be sure that those who they follow are practicing what they preach. It's also been my experience that God always has a way with dealing with those "ministers" that try to come off as "super christians" or "having a 'special' annointing". There's always something (i.e. fraud, stealing, etc.) or someone (usually a secret love affair, etc.) that is their downfall. I always remember what Proverbs says..."Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall."

Just my $0.02

YankeeFan said:
Good post joe. I totally agree with the "lead by example" comment. People need to be sure that those who they follow are practicing what they preach. It's also been my experience that God always has a way with dealing with those "ministers" that try to come off as "super christians" or "having a 'special' annointing". There's always something (i.e. fraud, stealing, etc.) or someone (usually a secret love affair, etc.) that is their downfall. I always remember what Proverbs says..."Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall."

Just my $0.02

Yankeefan,

Actually one of the best pastors (in my opinion) is right in your back yard. Pastor Steve Deal at the All Nations Outreach Center in Tampa. He totally had it made up here in "Ritzy" West Michigan. But God called him and his wife to move to Tampa to start "All Nations Outreach", and it has exploded. They have changed the area that their Church is in from a Drug inhabited, gang roaming area, to a place where kids participate in reaching out in their neighborhoods, and the crime went way down. He sacrificed a lot of nice things up here to go to the "ghetto" and live on nothing and preach in a church with a leaky roof and no congregation to give money. I hear it is quite something now.

I am surprised that no one is asking why are there no religious channels in HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts