ANOTHER religious channel

Status
Please reply by conversation.

clayky

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 25, 2004
They've added yet another religious channel on DTV. Great.

I doubt god backs TV evangelists, for, "It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God" (Matthew 19:24)

Those evengelists you are thanking god for, are doomed to spend eternity in hell, and all those who follow them will be sure to follow.

Just go drive down to the local evangelist owned station, and check out the cars the own, and the size of the houses they live in....satan is the king of liars, what better lie than a man who proclaims his work for god with one hand, and holds out the other for money, the sheep have been lead astray.

Last edited:
Amen damaged. You should see one famous evangalist here, definatly on the highway.

I brought myself to watch one channel with some evangelist on it, they cut to some scenes of the some of the members of his parish. every single one of them had a similar 'testimony', all about how by following the evangelists ideas would help the follower, get this, PAY their BILLS. "I sent in my donation, of 200 dollars, and 3 weeks later I got a check in the mail from the IRS for 4000 dollars!", now, I have no doubt the 'testifying' parishioners (which by the way every single one of them were minorities of obvious poverty, while this guy stands next to them wearing a $800 Armani suit) were just paid actors, but still, it's the idea he was trying to sell to these poor sheep who trust without question, it is so sad indeed, it seems these days they (modern evangelists and their apparent flock) treat God as if he were a wishing well of some kind.

It seems most of todays followers may read the bible everyday, yet somehow, they are deaf to what the words true meaning is.

Last edited:
Just to reiterate, although I say the rule is crazy, BY LAW they must maintain a certain number of general access, public interest, and religion channels vs the number of other channels they offer. No way around that yet.

charper1 said:
Just to reiterate, although I say the rule is crazy, BY LAW they must maintain a certain number of general access, public interest, and religion channels vs the number of other channels they offer. No way around that yet.

I can think of a few public interest channels I'd like to have before another religious channel.

I thought the religious channels pay to be carried (exception: must-carry locals) and that's the first I heard of them being required by law.

And sure some of the broadcasters are corrupt but many are not. Unfortunately the kooks get the attention and give all evangelists a bad rap.

clayky said:
They've added yet another religious channel on DTV. Great.

If you don't believe in God(I do), then just don't watch the channel. Just like I hate the shopping and soap and etc channels.

Like damaged said though most are bull, but they are cheap too carry and the sheep love them. Makes more people love DTV.:rolleyes:

Pepper said:
I thought the religious channels pay to be carried (exception: must-carry locals) and that's the first I heard of them being required by law.

And sure some of the broadcasters are corrupt but many are not. Unfortunately the kooks get the attention and give all evangelists a bad rap.

They are not required by law if they were prayer would be back in schools. They are just cheap to carry.

Pepper said:
Unfortunately the kooks get the attention and give all evangelists a bad rap.

This is very true. In the 80's and 90's there were a handful of these "Tel-evangelists" that made the bad rap for pastors who are truly following God's call on their lives. I define a pastor as a man who feels God has placed a calling on his life to preach his word to the lost, or a congregation. But as a result is sacrificing "things" of this world to better God's kingdom through themselves. So a pastor can have a nice car, but a Mercades or Cadillac is "unnecessary". As for a lot of things in their lives. People just seem to take a minister more seriously if he is sacrificing in his own life, and leading by example.

I happen to be very opinionated and up To snuff on what the Bible says a minister's life should be, (read 1st Timothy) because we had a Evangelist take over as pastor in our church about 5 years ago. After finding out he drained all of our accounts, and cut spending to missionaries completely, but yet was able to afford a Mercedes, and a home in a closed gate community, we had left the church. Then when the rest of the congregation found out, he was canned. Turns out he had also re-financed our church's building three times in the two years he was there also, so he made out with a lot of cash.

But his judgement, like all of ours will come.

Last edited:
charper1 said:

How many/% are they required to carry of
1. Shopping channels
1. Relligious channels

Where can I find the specifics of this requirement so that I can compare it to D* programming lineup?

Thanks

damaged said:
I doubt god backs TV evangelists, for, "It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God" (Matthew 19:24)
Those evengelists you are thanking god for, are doomed to spend eternity in hell, and all those who follow them will be sure to follow.

Just go drive down to the local evangelist owned station, and check out the cars the own, and the size of the houses they live in....satan is the king of liars, what better lie than a man who proclaims his work for god with one hand, and holds out the other for money, the sheep have been lead astray.

In my opinion you are quoting that verse for the wrong circumstance.

It's too bad the nuts get the attention and the good guys get caught up in the wake.

Status
Please reply by conversation.