Another retrans fight. This has gotten very old

PSIP data if it only goes out 12 hours makes it harder to program one time events but many consumers do onlyr mostly justt hat. It also avoids the need for a subscription based model. If I had the cjoice of using it I would liekly prefere it.

A class action would be removed immediately... Customers have forced arbitration. Also, the contract does stipulate that "channels may be removed at anytime, including within a term commitment, with no expectation to compensation". No tv provider can guarantee channels. As for the price, no one pays for specific channels. They pay for a programming package with the option for channels to be removed or rearranged. The package, such as AT200, has more than 200 channels, so cannot call false advertising either. Also, Dish can use the defense of the channels having a monopoly because of the FCC, and defeat that argument as well. Then how they do not increase the price every time a channel is added or goes up in price, but does perform annual increases. There are to many factors against a successful lawsuit, plus it is in line with the industry standard.

Someone suggests class action suites each time there isa mjor dispute or a cable channel is dropped. The forums were full of people saying they were going to file one during the whole VOOM brouhaha. I wonder if anyone actually diled one and if so what happened.

The real winners on class action suits are the lawyers, from both sides. Ever wonder why you only see lawyers calling for class action litigation? With Dish Network, I'd think you do better simply complaining and the CSR gives you some sort of discount to keep your business. That has always worked for me. :) I've been a member of a number of class action suits and my share of all of them hasn't mounted to more than $5 total. I'd imagine if some lawyer started a class action suit against Dish and won I might get 3 cents. :) he may get $250,000 with an out of pocket cost of less than $1000 at risk.

Reactions: Cold Irons
Little mad I didn't call last night and get a free OTA adapter for my second hopper. I don't care so much about the credits... But wanted another adapter.

Reactions: Tampa8
I am beginning to think we need a forum for rumored, and actual disputes as well as post blackout discusiion.

Although all stations are required to have PSIP, they are only required to fill the Event Information Table for 12 hours. It is recommended that they fill it for 7 days. Many stations do not go by recommendation but by requirement. For DVR owners using station PSIP as your guidepost would be useless, most of the time.....
I don't understand the bolded. Yes, the Tribune information would be better, but lacking that (for whatever reason), PSIP is better than "digital service". ESPECIALLY when it comes to repeatable timers.

Reactions: Tampa8
I get a reasonably strong signal here in Mint Hill.
Do you have your antenna outdoors?
I do not. But my antenna is in a window that faces the direction from which the signal is transmitted.
Oddly enough, the location of the WCNC transmitter is the same as for Ch 55, which is ironically much stronger and more stable.

You'd be surprised about that. Many people have their "favorite" local station and some even refuse to watch the others - based on what I've seen on their Facebook pages when there is an outage or contract dispute.
That is especially true among older people.
These people refuse to view news from other stations beside their favorite.

Do you have your antenna outdoors?
I do not. But my antenna is in a window that faces the direction from which the signal is transmitted.
Oddly enough, the location of the WCNC transmitter is the same as for Ch 55, which is ironically much stronger and more stable.
Yes my antenna is outdoors, however it is only about 4 feet off the ground. Its a DB4. I bought this sometime ago intending to put on the chimney in place of my 40+ year old original. Haven't got there yet. I know an indoor antenna will not work at my house.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts