Another retrans fight. This has gotten very old

All Tegna is down, apperantly. KPNX in Phoenix gone. Thankfully I have OTA. Pretty easy to grab in surrounding areas as well. Tower is on top of South Moutain... And we are a valley.

KBMT ABC and KJAC NBC are gone in Beaumont/Pt.Arthur ,Texas. Looks like I will be "moving"to Houston dma come Sunday, if it isn't resolved.

Using OTA so I don't care if they want to remove all the "Locals" Just give me a discount in the monthly bill. I never watch locals over satellite anyway. Picture quality is softer / fuzzier too. Never deal with rain fade.

Reactions: yomama
"Channel restricted for remote viewing. Please select another channel."

That's what I got when I tried to connect to my home in VA from my camper in WV. Wanted to see if 9 was gone.

Bottom of the display had an "OK" button but it did nothing. Could not clear the dialog box or change the channel. I have no idea what channel it was on.

Anybody ever see such a message before?

I've about had it with Dish and their monthly fights. Our ABC station with Sinclair was pulled in August and I wake up this morning with no CBS. Enough is enough and I am tired of Dish's little videos asking me to call the FCC or call the station. I pay YOU to receive this station, it's YOUR responsibility to deliver this programming, not mine. I have been a customer for 15 years am I not one to call and ask for freebies, but if this is not resolved by tonight I will be contacting Dish to ask for compensation.

Reactions: yomama
I've about had it with Dish and their monthly fights. Our ABC station with Sinclair was pulled in August and I wake up this morning with no CBS. Enough is enough and I am tired of Dish's little videos asking me to call the FCC or call the station. I pay YOU to receive this station, it's YOUR responsibility to deliver this programming, not mine. I have been a customer for 15 years am I not one to call and ask for freebies, but if this is not resolved by tonight I will be contacting Dish to ask for compensation.
Are you going to get mad if they let you go and read to you the line in their service agreement? "Channels may be removed at anytime including within a term commitment with no expectation to compensation". I'm not saying they won't give you the credit, I'm just saying recognize it as a courtesy and not a requirement, and if not in a contract you can go elsewhere, but the price points have been discussed time and time again. This is a good reason why Dish is so much cheaper.

Reactions: bspei
Locals are available for free for you currently. You can even run it through your Dish receiver to record with no additional costs. You can pick up he sub channels not carried by satellite, and record those as well.
How? If you saying by adding an outdoor antenna, then that's not a solution. We're in a bad reception area, and can't pick up but just a few channels over the air, and you can't watch the locals (Tampa, FL) without a Dish subscription with channels I have absolutely no interest in watching. And they don't carry all of them for this market. :(

Are you going to get mad if they let you go and read to you the line in their service agreement? "Channels may be removed at anytime including within a term commitment with no expectation to compensation". I'm not saying they won't give you the credit, I'm just saying recognize it as a courtesy and not a requirement, and if not in a contract you can go elsewhere, but the price points have been discussed time and time again. This is a good reason why Dish is so much cheaper.

What's the point in having a television service, regardless of the cost, if I can't have access to my most watched channels?

They'll be back shortly. We all know they are not down permanently, or even for the long haul. Neither company wants that, because if Tegna keeps it up, they know he FCC will get involved, and Dish doesn't want customers pissed. Look at it logically. So what if we miss a couple shows, let them do their thing and we'll get them back.

They'll be back shortly. We all know they are not down permanently, or even for the long haul. Neither company wants that, because if Tegna keeps it up, they know he FCC will get involved, and Dish doesn't want customers pissed. Look at it logically. So what if we miss a couple shows, let them do their thing and we'll get them back.

Chad the point is that this is a regular thing with Dish. Two of my local stations have been pulled in the past 60 days. It would be one thing if this was an isolated incident, but it's not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)