Another retrans fight. This has gotten very old

Watching day-old news and/or sports is a daunting task.

I don't watch any sports on NBC except F1 sometimes. But even that I don't watch because of how uncompetitive it has gotten. My wife uses the channel for shows she likes. Watching them a day later isn't a big deal. The only sport I do watch is Hockey. I'll get gamecenter for that.

Wow. That last statement and pretty much the whole thing is ad hominem. Pure propaganda for Tegna. I like how they do not mention, when saying "we have never been taken off the air", they fail to mention the fact that when it was Gannett, it went down on every provider they listed.

Reactions: Mr Tony
I suspect we will know before the 10th. Only encouraging sign I know of is that I do not cionstantly see the banners on my Tegna station and when last i checked DISH did not have a station devoted to their spin.

I suspect we will know before the 10th. Only encouraging sign I know of is that I do not cionstantly see the banners on my Tegna station and when last i checked DISH did not have a station devoted to their spin.
Perhaps one of the things they have agreed to already is to not publicize their (lack of) progress.

The have agreed to another (unspecified) extension as both sides are close to to a deal.
It is customary not to extend until the existing deadline is at hand. Not to say that it hasn't been done in this case, but it would be extraordinary.

While the duration of the extension may not have been publicly disclosed, it must be specified (time certain).

Reactions: Tampa8
My only question was whether anyone had heard anything. That does not seem that odd. Scott thanks for the news. It was helpful to all.

My only question was whether anyone had heard anything. That does not seem that odd.
It would be extraordinary to hear about ongoing negotiations other than that they were either extended or completed. Part of good faith negotiation is to not offer public commentary on the proceedings.

Postponing the blackout until after Sunday would be wise; especially for the NBC (Sunday Night Football) stations.

If this is the case, I'm less optimistic that things are going well.

The social media taunts serve as a constant reminder that a quick solution is important but the negotiators serve their respective company's interests first.

Reactions: long_time_DNC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)