another step for the northwest hd customers

dnsguy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 7, 2006
washington state
DNS is using a LN lnbf for all 129 sat installs w/ a 24 inch dish. We are still waiting on word about the 30". It's seems to be another step in the right direction. We got about a 7-10% boost in signal with the new Lnb. They are the same lnb's used in Alaska. Belive it or not we still roll out to TC and contractors are still putting up 1000's.

Yeah let us know due to this would help folks out and the installers also..

Tom_P and Dirkleearm,

The box has the following: 60cm Winegard Dish Assy, P/N 113804. The box is factory labeled Dish Network, and the pan painted with Dish markings.

If one wanted to build one from piece parts, the parts breakdown is Reflector 60cm, P/N 2745264, 60cm backup/Feed Support Assy, P/N 2745445 (arm), 60cm Base/Tube Assy, P/N 2744596 (J-bracket), and Hardware Package, P/N 2762430 (bolts and stuff). The LNB is not included but is a standard Dish LNB Single or Dual, D shaped.

Hope it helps.

Miner

I've already asked Claude Greiner of DishStore to look into the LNB question.
He's promised to do so and get back to us.

Of course, if someone beats him to it, that's okay, too... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Fellas,

If my installer added a special LNB, he didn't mention it. My 129 TP 11 is 81%, TP 6 is 77%, and when signal dropped, TP went down to 65%.

I can take a look at my dish this weekend. I'll post the P/N for the LNB, either way.

Miner

part number

We just got a batch in and they were the same part number as a normal dp dual.
But they have a "LN" label above the "DP" on the label. Will let you know when we get some more if they have a new part number.
I have noticed a gain of 10 in the point dish screen after putting in the new LNB.
If it helps they are the same lnb's used in Alaska and Hawaii.

Fellas,

Here are a couple of photos of my setup. One is the Low Noise LNB and the other is the larger dish, shown next to the standard Dish500.

Attachments

• MVC-003F.JPG
    MVC-003F.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 235
  • MVC-004F.JPG
    MVC-004F.JPG
    179 KB · Views: 206
For anyone who didn't already find out, here is what Claude at DishStore had to say:

Claude said:
I actually got some in stock, they are $10 more than the standard
Dishpro Dual LNB's

For all intents and purposes they look the same, but I did not test
them to see if there is a difference.

Claude G.

How do you go about getting the bigger dish? Last time I called tech support they knew nothing of it. What kinds of charges are involved?

cebbigh,

I got the bigger dish when I did the upgrade to the VIP622, including installation. It did not cost anything (beyond the $199 lease) for the new dish. I did have a Dish 500 with I bracket already aimed at the 129 bird, but the installer (DNSC) said their marching orders were to install the larger dish for 129 or a standard dish for 61.5.

Miner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts