Another Sunday without a Jets Game???

dodge

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
Plano, Illinois, United States
Who decides what markets/ Dma's get what Games?????:confused::confused:
This is really pissing me off, Only a small number of area's are getting this game today.
Many area's are only getting two games today, one on cbs and one on fox wtf???:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I don't know. The506.com forums have situations similiar to this. In my area, I'm getting 4 games but I understand where your coming from. There should be doubleheaders every week!!! All you be doing is adding a game or two to someone's market.

Who decides what markets/ Dma's get what Games?????:confused::confused:
This is really pissing me off, Only a small number of area's are getting this game today.
Many area's are only getting two games today, one on cbs and one on fox wtf???:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Your in Illinois, why would you expect to get the Jets every week ?

They play at 4 in SF, more than likely you would get a markets game closer to you, or a game that is considered the Nationa game at 4, like the Steeler's and who ever they play each week ...
They seem to play a top team every week.
Aern't you in the Chicago market ?

Jimbo

Easy this week

CBS gets one game this week
Chicago is on CBS against Jacksonville

You get Jax @ Chicago

want Favre so bad? Get NFL ST :)

as for this line
Many area's are only getting two games today, one on cbs and one on fox
we must be looking at different maps....
These 7 areas only get 2 games
no early Fox game
-Chicago
-Green Bay
-Indy
-Tennessee

no late Fox game
-Seattle
-San Fran
-Denver

for some reason Buffalo gets 3 games...even though the Bills are at "home" (Toronto game)...but very odd to have 8 CBS games this week...much less on Singleheader week for them

I don't have Direct TV or anything but in my area I got 4 games today. I'm lucky that we don't have an NFL team although our CBS affilate in Conn. looks at the Patriots as a home team. Anyway, we get no early CBS game today and the Giants/Eagles game on both Fox affilates-NY and Conn.

At 4pm, we have Cowboys/Steelers on both Fox affilates and the Jets/49ers game on the CBS affilate in New York and the Patriots/Seahawks game on the CBS affilate in Connecticut.

Remember what ESPN said one night two years ago . . . live from the ESPN studios in Bristol, Connecticut or as some like to call it . . . the Mason Dixon line between Yankees and Red Sox fans!

Anything below Hartford will be New York DMA and everything above it seems to be Boston.

Dodge,
I would seriously consider the NFL Sunday Ticket next year if you want to be sure to see the Jets.

I've pretty much wasted my money on the ST this year, the Steeler's seem to play the toughest game each week and are on the 4 pm game alot this year because of it.

Jimbo, how much does Sunday Ticket cost? I was thinking about maybe investing next year with it. I have Comcast and is it true that I can't get any of the Comcast On Demand programs. I'm confused on how Sunday Ticket works.

Jimbo, how much does Sunday Ticket cost? I was thinking about maybe investing next year with it. I have Comcast and is it true that I can't get any of the Comcast On Demand programs. I'm confused on how Sunday Ticket works.

No you cannot get Comcast On Demand on the D* set up.

ST pricing goes up every year, some as expected.
I think I paid about $ 209 this year, normally the HD portion (Super Fan) is an addl. $ 99, but lots of times you can get them to throw it in.
Some day soon, I hope, I think they will merge the SF and the Games so it's all one package, of course they should work out some way to do this, I know there are still 80 % that don't have HD so they probably won't merge the two soon enough for me.

I can't go without seeing my Steeler's so I pay it each year.

Jimbo

No you cannot get Comcast On Demand on the D* set up.

ST pricing goes up every year, some as expected.
I think I paid about $ 209 this year, normally the HD portion (Super Fan) is an addl. $ 99, but lots of times you can get them to throw it in.
Some day soon, I hope, I think they will merge the SF and the Games so it's all one package, of course they should work out some way to do this, I know there are still 80 % that don't have HD so they probably won't merge the two soon enough for me.

I can't go without seeing my Steeler's so I pay it each year.

Jimbo

Even though I get to see the Steelers every week they are playing, it's the times that they aren't playing that makes me think about getting Sunday ticket.

This week at 1:00 it was either the Browns vs. the Titans (and for some reason it said HD, but the game wasn't full screen.:confused:) and the other game was the Giants vs. the Eagles.

Both games bored me, so I watched movies on HBO until the Steelers started. Those are the times I wish I had Sunday ticket, plus Steelers bye weeks. Every week it's another AFC north team I have to watch, I don't like the other teams in the AFC North, I don't want to watch them. The Fox games are OK, but it always seems like I get the Giants or Eagles.

I would of likes to watch the Houston/GB game or the Jacksonville/Chicago game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)