May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
OK,

This would be my setup:

*) Slimline outside on pole
*) HR20 in L. Room
*) OTA Antenna in attic

This is how I THINK the SWM-8 would be hooled up:

*) ALL 4 wires ran from Slimline to SWM8 (do I have to run all 4??) which is mounted on outside of house
*) OTA cable ran from attic to outside SWM8
*) Singe wire from SWM8 tied into outside coaxial junction that feeds L. Room
*) Power Inserter would be connected in the attic halfway thru the run from the SWM8 to the HR20 (50ft total, unless I can put it behind the tv)
*) Cable from L. Room connection is diplexed (to pull out OTA) and then split for both HR20 sat tuners and OTA feed.

Is this right, or am I way off. Also, where do the bbc's fit in.

Thanks.

Dang, thats cool.

Everything else appear ok? Im trying to piece together my planned setup with the stuff I've read.

Do diplex the single wire behind the HR20, but dont split? How do you pull the OTA feed out?

As far as the "one port", do you mean one line from the Slimline. Sorry to ask so many questions, just trying to get it figured right so it goes off without a hitch.

Nevermind, did some more reading and think I have it.

1) 4 cables from Slimline to SWM-8
2) One FTM cable out into the attic
3) Diplexer added in attic for connection of OTA to FTM cable
4) Single diplexed cable down wall to back of HR20
5) Diplexer to split ota and sat signal
6) One feed to OTA
7) One feed to HR20 #1 Tuner (did not realize you only needed one)

This fracking thing sounds great.

Is there any rules on where the power inverter has to be in the line of diplexers??

Great.

I just checked out my setup. Mounting the SWM8 near the Cox cable box is perfect because I can tie the one cable in there, and there is a ground I can use.

There is also an power outlet for the PI in my attic right where the coaxial feeds to my living room, and its already diplexed. All I have to do is unscrew the house cable, tie it into the PI, then run a short cable out to the diplexer, then down the wall and it continues on just like my Dish setup now. Hardest part will be mounting the Slimline and burying the wires :)

Fixing to start, want to clarify one more thing. Do I have to run all four wires from the Slimline to the SWM-8, or just one?

Ok, have 4 cables to the swm, then one cable tied into a coax feed into the house. Have the PI in the attic, then out to a diplexer (feed from PI and OTA antenna), out and down the wall to the tv, then a diplexor behind the tv with one feed to the sat tuner and one to the ota. Not working, going to hook up direct to one tuner if all my connections are right.

Status
Please reply by conversation.