This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Another terrible/great customer service story

ArTT Vandelay

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2005
I ordered a 622 when they first came out, replaced an 811 with it. there were some issues related to shipping, install, etc that ceo@dishnetwork was very helpful in ironing out.

I finally ordered the 211 to replace the other 811 upstairs (don't ask me why it took so long, i don't know) and the tech came out Monday to install.

He was not a dish contractor, but some sell-em-all satellite shop. Fine. He unplugged the 811, plugged the 211 in, called and activated, and nothing. He went on the roof to check the LNB, etc and discovered that it was fine (obviously, I'm already running the 622). He cam back in and ran a signal test on the line with power coming from the 211 and proceeds to tell me that the cable from the closet to the 211 is bad, so sorry. Horsecrap. The 811 has been working fine for a year. So we plugged the 811 back in and ran the same test and whaddya know, signal is fine.

He called Dish back, de-activated the 211 and re-activated the 811. He left, taking the bum 211 with him. He did leave a business card, but only because that fell on the floor. no work order, nothing, and said he would call Dish and tell them I needed a new 211.

Well, 4-5 days pass and of course he didn't call and tell Dish I needed a new reciever, so I got the box for my old 811 UPS. I called Dish and walked through the story 47 times with a bunch of different CSR's, finally got transferred to the fancy American call center with senior CSR's. they tell me that the tech should have left the 211, etc etc and that they will have to generate a new work order for a new installation. What a bunch of crap. I told them to hold off on that, I had another avenue I wanted to pursue. I wasn't about to waste another half a day waiting for the loser tech to show up and botch the install again, especially when all I need is a 211 and phone number to activate it!

So, I emailed ceo@dishnetwork again. explained the situation. Literally 15 minutes later I got a call from someone in the Executive offices that solved my problem. Shipped a 211 out and gave me his direct number to call when it arrives to activate it.

I wish I didn't have to deal with the absolute retards in order to get the service I want and deserve as a paying customer, but there you have it. CEO office to the rescue again.