Another Today Show Shake-Up!

shkarter1985

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 21, 2008
Greenwood, South Carolina
It's Official! (hate to say it!)

It's my sadness and very heartbroken to tell you that Ann Curry is departing NBC's Today Show after 15 years first as a news anchor, then a co-host for the first two hours. She is succeeded by Savannah Guthrie. It's the END OF AN ERA! :(

My thoughts and my reaction The Today Show without Ann Curry is like rival GMA without David Hartman 25 years ago. It's like a repeat of the 1989 Pauley/Norville feud or the 2010 Conan/Leno Tonight Show feud which both have sad endings unfortunately. I wish they fire Jenna Wolfe from Today, no offense Mrs. Wolfe, but I'm jealous that Ann is gone from Today. Despite thousands of signatures on petition to keep her on the air. But didn't work sadly. IMHO I don't think die-hard long time Today Show watchers will except Savannah Guthrie as the new co-host for the first two hours of the four hour program. Ann is more experienced, older and wiser than Savannah or Jenna. Ticks me off that all the Big 3 networks want younger journalists to attract so-called younger viewers instead of veterans like Ann Curry herself. I was born when Bryant Gumbel and Jane Pauley were hosts, I became a teen when Matt and Katie were co-hosts, and became an Adult when Meredith Vieria took over for five years.

The Today Show will never be the same without Ann Curry, period! Feel free to comment. Thanks :)

Last edited:
I remember when she started, but unfortunately I have been unable to watch them for over 10 years due to being up and gone for work before it even starts.

Meh. She's a better journalist than a morning show host and she'll have a chance to go back to those roots. NBC execs realize they made a mistake, and Guthrie will do a fine job.

IMHO, NBC made a huge mistake by not promoting Amy Robach, thus allowing her to leave the network....

I was rooting for Ann but it has been painful as she is more of a journalist than the chatty co-host like Katie, Meredith or Jane Pauly ... Savannah should be ok.

My new nickname for Savannah Guthrie "Debbie Norville 2.0" I didn't know that Amy Robach jump-shift to ABC News. I wished they fire Jenna Wolfe instead.

Sorry, but I can't stand any of the Morning "Schick" on any of the broadcast networks. Its all fluff, there is no news at all except for the local inserts for local weather.

When the Broadcast networks hit the air on the East Coast its midday in Europe plenty of world news to catch up on. Instead we are treated to how to properly fold a paper Airplane and other "important stuff". I'd love to see all the Morning "news" shows on broadcast TV to disappear completely. Either that or actually broadcast something at least palatable or news worthy. It Doesn't matter in the slightest whom is doing the broadcast at all.

Personally I'd love to be able to get the BBC world News instead, the most unbiased and informed news broadcast in the Western world.

Sorry, but I can't stand any of the Morning "Schick" on any of the broadcast networks. Its all fluff, there is no news at all except for the local inserts for local weather.

When the Broadcast networks hit the air on the East Coast its midday in Europe plenty of world news to catch up on. Instead we are treated to how to properly fold a paper Airplane and other "important stuff". I'd love to see all the Morning "news" shows on broadcast TV to disappear completely. Either that or actually broadcast something at least palatable or news worthy. It Doesn't matter in the slightest whom is doing the broadcast at all.

Personally I'd love to be able to get the BBC world News instead, the most unbiased and informed news broadcast in the Western world.

+1 on BBC

And the sad thing the fluff/entertainment stories are now a big part of the morning local news :(

Savannah Guthrie is no spring chicken, but she is younger than Ann Curry. I like her & believe she will keep the ratings up for nbc.

Jenna was demoted to just read the news.

She looked PISSED this weekend as everyone was busy kissing Ericas ass welcoming her to the show.

One big happy family....

tdy-121101-weekendtoday-1.photoblog600.jpg

I dont know who this new Weather lady is either... Usually it was Janice Huff on the weekends.

I liked Jenna... about the only thing I didn't like about her is she was too manly and could probably beat the crap out of me.

I dont know who this new Weather lady is either... Usually it was Janice Huff on the weekends.
Huff left several months ago, looking forward to finally having weekends off.

I liked Jenna... about the only thing I didn't like about her is she was too manly and could probably beat the crap out of me.
She definitely loved to show off her 'guns'...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)