Status
Please reply by conversation.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
I should have known better, but I'm forgiving as I had problems with these guys in the past. I'm 1000 Percent glad that these guys are not a sponsor here anymore.

Last Thursday, September 16th 2010, I ordered a DM380 motor to replace my current setup as I needed a motor with a bigger neck. (55mm or so) My DM3D22, motor's neck couldn't be change out and has given me years of reliable service so its going to be put as an "in orbit spare" :)

A week has gone by, no tracking number, no email. I called last night, left a message wich was returned today. Only to find out that the motor will not be in until Next Friday, Oct 2nd 2010. WTF

Thanks for leaving me hanging SADOUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The motor was not listed out of stock on the website, and I wanted to have this dish up and running by today. Now im going to end up missing out on all the feeds this weekend off of my 1.2 meter dish.

I'm very disappointed with these guys, and Do not order from them. If they cant have the decency to even give out a curtsy email or call to say that the item has been delayed, they do not deserve the business of anyone here!

Not exactly the end of the world, is it? Very strong reaction to something fairly minor.

I've bought from them before, I'll buy from them again.

I've purchased many items from Sadoun and other than one time where an item was out of stock never had an issue with them. Even when I ordered the Sathawk we had some delays getting them but that was due to Sadoun getting them from the factory

... I wanted to have this dish up and running by today.
Now im going to end up missing out on all the feeds this weekend off of my 1.2 meter dish.
Well, if you'd ordered it a month ago, you'd have had time to get it in, and all tuned up! - :rolleyes:
. . . and watched all last week's feeds. :)
...Do not order from them.
A bit harsh, I'd say. - :(

My dealings with Saudon have always been good too. In fact I know of at
least one time I ordered some items online from them and later in the day
they called me to tell me they did not have one of the items and offered
a better replacement.

I'll join the chorus, I've purchased 2 dishes from Sadoun, 2 receivers, 4 motors, 3 lnbf's , a few switches and never had a disappointing experience. Once they helped me get my "in-warranty" STAB motor replaced from FortecStar. They're a small shop, but they try.
:)

I can understand why he is upset and I would be as well. He does make good points about them not stating that it was on backorder on the website and not being told that there would be a delay. I imagine that it does not happen that often so they may have forgotten to list it as such or maybe they don't on the website.

If someone had a client to do a service call or install for and was expecting a part in by a certain day to do it then something like this happened then it could cost someone a sale. I am sure they did nothing on purpose though. Every business has blips. Maybe someone forgot to message him to tell him of the delay. He should be given an option of a refund to purchase elsewhere if he needs it sooner.

GB I understand being disappointed but we don't live in a perfect world and in light of real problems like war, starvation, murder and mayhem, this doesn't seem all that serious. Nobody died, nobody went to jail. Sometimes mistakes are made, and things important to us fall through the cracks, that's life, take out your paper bag, breathe hard, then get over it. Your experience, while regretable, isn't going to keep me from doing business with a company that has a proven track record of getting it right most of the time. I wish I had a track record like that.
ss

Last edited:
...not stating that it was on backorder on the website and not being told that there would be a delay.
Computer inventory says there's (1) available... Website in turn thinks there's (1) available. Order is rec'd, person goes to bin to pull part, and it's not there. Looks for it with no luck. Ooops, inventory is wrong. What happened after that is poor customer service. Someone knew the part was "missing". Someone corrected their inventory. Someone re-ordered the part(s). No one notified him.

:eek: :eek: For the record, this is not in support of GB :eek: :eek: It would apply to anyone.

Most of what makes up both of my FTA set-ups have been bought at sadouns!Fast service!Have it in less than a week unless its out of stock.When i bought my c-band package from him early this summer i was supposed to get a 18" actuator with it and i was real glad to see that he sent me a 24" one at no extra cost because the 18" was out of stock.I will buy from him again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)