Antenna Farm in Illinois

aikoentp

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 30, 2008
Peoria area Central Illinois
Good Morning,
I'm moving from PR to Illinois. I have an old school setup with 1.6m Channel Master antennas. Would I have too much signal gain and saturate my receivers? Now I can watch Dish in a hurricane and want the same there.

It depends on where you are in relation to the broadcast towers. If you have too much signal, you can point the antenna off axis or purchase some RF pads (attenuators).

Not to be looking at broadcast towers, rather 129, 119, 110 orbital slots for E*. I'm trying to figure if it is way overkill to ship my satellite antennas, or purchase smaller ones. I can get my hands on smaller 4' antennas used that were used here for DTV Latino. They would be cheaper to ship. The property I'm moving to has an 8' UHF antenna mounted 14' off the ground and I will be using it for over the air local broadcasts.

Not to be looking at broadcast towers, rather 129, 119, 110 orbital slots for E*. I'm trying to figure if it is way overkill to ship my satellite antennas, or purchase smaller ones. I can get my hands on smaller 4' antennas used that were used here for DTV Latino. They would be cheaper to ship. The property I'm moving to has an 8' UHF antenna mounted 14' off the ground and I will be using it for over the air local broadcasts.
Ah, sorry. I saw "Channel Master" and was thinking OTA. My apologies.

Ah, sorry. I saw "Channel Master" and was thinking OTA. My apologies.
Channel Master was the satellite antenna back in the day, 1.6m and 1.2m mostly. I guess it would be more cost effective to get a 30" to 36" offset. The property already has a 1000.2 western arch antenna, but is missing the LNB's. Cheap enough on the old net. I have 4 DP pro duals here that I can take, as well as 3 DP 33 switches and a dual node for a Hopper configuration if that were what I wanted.. My family lives there and are always piss'n and moaning about rain fade. With what I have here I almost never have a signal drop out. When I installed bigger was always better. After Dish started using their PR Dish 500 set up people were almost giving away the 6' and 4'. Dumb if you ask me, especially if they were already installed. Just change out the old legacy LNBF's and switches and that's it. I like to own my own equipment. I liked the Hopper, but only as a stand alone (three tuners are nice). I would have one, but can't activate my 922 or 722 on the same account. I use a smart TV and a Media Player on my other sets for a home network video server. I don't have to have my computer on to steam media that have in my library and I'm not beholding to Dish. I could, if I wanted, set up a FTA receiver and activate thru a shady "key" provider and have everything Dish has to offer cheap. But as I said I used to install and was an authorized retailer once upon a time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts