reciever to be replaced hd options

Maloney

Original poster
Feb 12, 2015
Ny
I have a outdated reciever to be replaced - SD for a single TV (HD) . Currently have old plan without locals ( $5 discount) - the top 120. If we upgraded to HD reciever could we get HD channels without lossing current package? We have option to add HD package now (for SD reciever ??) for $10 a month but any plan change and we lose current plan. Would we get a discount to upgrade reciever -pay the difference from the one they would give us to HD one or would we have to pay full price ? I had talked to CS person but they did not know about our plan and kept saying we had to pay for new reciever ect. Strange because dish called me about replacment and readjusting of the dish. Post card stated no charge. I did not want to go by what this CS person said. :) we have no contract and own the reciever since 1989 Thank you, Leann

I have a outdated reciever to be replaced - SD for a single TV (HD) . Currently have old plan without locals ( $5 discount) - the top 120. If we upgraded to HD reciever could we get HD channels without lossing current package? We have option to add HD package now (for SD reciever ??) for $10 a month but any plan change and we lose current plan. Would we get a discount to upgrade reciever -pay the difference from the one they would give us to HD one or would we have to pay full price ? I had talked to CS person but they did not know about our plan and kept saying we had to pay for new reciever ect. Strange because dish called me about replacment and readjusting of the dish. Post card stated no charge. I did not want to go by what this CS person said. :) we have no contract and own the reciever since 1989 Thank you, Leann
What is your current receiver model and what sats are you pointed at?

Welcome to SatelliteGuys.:welcome

Reactions: Maloney
Sounds like you've already been put on notice that you'll be moved to a current plan (all of which include local channels) if you change anything. How DISH treats you is between you and DISH so we really can't help you there.

If you "upgrade" your owned receiver, you'll likely be converted to a leased receiver (no monthly cost difference other than the HD fee). Going to HD will require that a new antenna be installed though it may be able to be mounted on the existing mast. Depending on where you live, the dish may face an entirely different direction.

Model 301 119 and 120. Dish 500 had receiver replaced 6-7 years ago with dish being upgraded at that time. Still listed as owned. Got first one before option to lease. Top 120 has free hd ?? But we had plan before HD or locals. They have to reposition dish before May. That $10 fee for HD option been on there for years

Last edited:
Model 301 119 and 120. Dish 500 had receiver replaced 6-7 years ago with dish being upgraded at that time. Still listed as owned. Got first one before option to lease. Top 120 has free hd ?? But we had plan before HD or locals. They have to reposition dish before May. That $10 fee for HD option been on there for years
There is a lot of information in this thread about the options for replacing the 301's. I would go to the 211 as the replacement. http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/ancient-sub-caught-in-the-receiver-eol-lottery.344980/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts