Antenna help!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

leafspring

Original poster
Sep 23, 2008
Hello I am using my dish reciever for a digital tuner, I had a dishnetwork 911 reciever and I was getting about 10 channels over the air, with decent reception, I then changed to a VIP 722 receiver, and was getting the same channels with much better reception, then after about 7-8 months, nothing- nothing at all. I called dish and they replaced my reciever, after putting antenna on a non hd tv, I had normal SD reception. I got the new reciever and still nothing. I then noticed the electrode to the RG6 antenna cable looked rusty?! I had a new cable made up, above and below the ground terminal, installed a new grounding terminal, and still no reception.

My antenna is a large winegard, I do not know the model, its probably about 8 years old, in very good shape, Its football season and this is driving me nuts!!

I ordered a new terminal board, it was a little corroded, not to bad. hope this fixes it.

any help or comments would be apriciated
thanks.

thanks, problem fixed, did search for over the air and vip 722 dishnetwork and was a setting changed in dish receiver during a program update, getting 16 channels now with upgrading the corroded cable and terminal card!!

3x4 multiswitch

Hi Im Timbug I have a older directv round 18" dish single lnb with a terk clip on off air antenna I have two recievers one of the recievers I'm trying to upgrade my self to a hr22 dvr but after I installed the 3x4 multiswitch I lost reception on my off air channels my multi switch has a output for this but I dont know how I can wire it please help. Thank timbug.:(

Hi Im Timbug I have a older directv round 18" dish single lnb with a terk clip on off air antenna I have two recievers one of the recievers I'm trying to upgrade my self to a hr22 dvr but after I installed the 3x4 multiswitch I lost reception on my off air channels my multi switch has a output for this but I dont know how I can wire it please help. Thank timbug.:(
HR22 is a high definition DVR it requires a Slimline 5 LNB dish a WB68 multiswitch and an AM21 ATSC tuner for OTA channels. Either you need to call D* for an upgrade or make several more purchases to get the HR22 working.:)

Besides the hi def receiver requiring the 5lnb dish, your problem is the clip on OTA antenna. They don't do a very good job. And, with the 5LNB dish OTA will require a separate coax run.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)