Antenna/LNB Configuration Help Needed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bitlogic

Original poster
Aug 23, 2004
I purchased a PanSal 2500 receiver and contacted PanSat and they recommended a 90 cm dish for my location. They also said that FTA signals are linear polarization and the Echostar assets use circular polarization.

If I traverse accross the ark does this mean I shall pick up the Echostar assets but with reduced signal strength? Does this also imply that I probably
shall only pickup those clear channels on half the number of transponders?

Is there a dish configuration that has two separate LNB's where one can accomodate linear and the other circular? Should I purchase a larger dish
to make up for signal loss due to the polarizaton differences?

What antenna configuration would you suggest?

Thanks
Tom from Texas

Welcome to Satelliteguys.us forum!

Tom, we have a FTA area here at satelliteguys.us where we can help you!
I use such a configuration for both liner and circular polarized LNB, I use a 75cm dish with a standard KU LNB in the main focal point, there is then a bracket that fits on the dish arm that can then hold a DBS LNB for the limited circular polarized satellites.
A 90cm dish is certainly better than a 75cm dish depending on the quality of the dish, the Winegard 30"/75cm dish has better gain than many slightly larger dish as its a quality USA made dish. After you have installed the two LNB I would run two cables to receiver, or you may be able to use a DiSEqC switch to select what LNB you want to use, over in the FTA area we also have an up to date list of what you can expect to pick up with the DBS LNB. I would install the regular KU LNB first before adding the DBS LNB as it makes the set up a lot easier plus the KU satellites are much weaker and DBS satellites are much more forgiving, hope this basic info helps and hope to see you over at the FTA area!

http://www.satelliteguys.us/forumdisplay.php?f=58

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DVB Dream a DVB PROGRAM

3618 to 3688

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)