Antenna Not Detected

Hypnoticmeg

Original poster
Aug 3, 2010
Trumbull, CT
I have been having an issue on and off for the past 6 months or so. Most of the time my radio says "Antenna Not Detected" or "Acquiring Signal" - except in two areas on my ride to and from work I have noticed the signal comes in for a bout 10 seconds on the highway then goes back out (These 2 areas are in a semi major city in CT if that matters).

Also there was about a 2 months span in the middle of this time when I miraculously got signal everywhere at all times...Only to have it return to the Antenna not detected/acquiring signal issue a little over a month ago.

I was told the antenna could be bad, but if that was the case, how could it have worked for those random 2 months, or get signal in the 2 areas of Bridgeport on my commute?

Any help would be great - thanks.

"antenna not detected" means the receiver dies not detect voltage load of the lna. "aquiring signal" means the receiver senses the load of lna but is not getting enough data signal from the satellite stream.

The antenna not detected is a failing antenna, faulty damaged cable, plug or jack in the receiver most likely.
I would get on eBay and order a cheap sat radio antenna and try that.

Most of those antennas are just magnetic- I am assuming you do not have a factory installed radio.

Assuming you have an aftermarket radio - it's just a thin coaxial cable and a magnetic. Antenna tha sticks to the top of the car anywhere that is convienient. My radio is not a permanent install since I move mine among three vehicles. Min just plugs into the cigarette lighter.

If your is integrated into the vehicle it will require a little more work.

the dock for my radio is loose now so every now and then I need to push down on the radio to detect ant again. Try the wiggle jiggle trick when signal is bad. Keep eyes on road though!

I tried the wiggle jiggle but don't think thats it since i get signal in the same exact 2 spots every single day. Does that just mean the signals extra strong so even a weak antenna can pull it?

The wiring was done internally somehow through the inside of roof underneath the fabric....not sure what he did but it comes out where the hatch windshield/trunk lifts up (its an integra) and sits on the metal of the car just above the back windshield.

I'd have to look more closely but im assuming i'd have to take the wire out of the antenna thats already connected? I hope i don't break it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)