Antenna shortage?

LordKaT

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2009
New York City
Anyone else experiencing an antenna shortage? Went to try and find an antenna for my friends grandparents. Check this out:

All 8 Best Buy locations in driving distance: sold out
10 Radio Shack locations: sold out
PC Richard & Son: sold out
J&R: Sold out
Staples/Office Max: sold out

Stores from New York City to New Jersey. There are literally no UHF/VHF antennas - indoor or outdoor - in stock.

I mean, I know the DTV transition took palce and all ... but jeez.

Just means a lot of procrastinators waited till the last minute to do the conversion, and a lot of businesses didn't have the inventory they thought they needed.

I just picked up a stealthtenna off ebay for 30 bucks shipped, just got done slapping it together, and just for giggles slapped in on my 4 ft tall satellite pole in the back yard that is well below alot of trees between me and Richmond that is about 30 miles as the crow flies, hooked it up and just that I get 10 channels clear as a bell I was really amazed..

And it might not be only procrastinators. It sounds like there may have been a fair number of people who thought they were ready because they had an antenna and a converter box, but didn't realize they were going to start needing VHF antennas.

Even a lot of online retailers are sold out but even so trying online might be your best bet. I know it's a hassle if you have to return it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)