Antenna TV Now Showing In EPG.

bigrich

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 14, 2005
Just noticed my local Tribune Stations WXIN 59.2 Indianapolis now has EPG information. It is about time this get added.

was added today per the uplink report

14386 - WXIN2 [EPG] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 18 Spotbeam 13 (OTA EPG:Indianapolis, IN)

We have METV EPG in Indianapolis, what bugs me about METV here is all the syndex blackouts. The national schedule runs on the commercials but the local line-up is not the same because of syndex.

In DC we have had Antenna TV guide data for month. now if we could just get This TV guide data.

The national schedule runs on the commercials but the local line-up is not the same because of syndex.

what shows are they not showing? I know there are some markets where a couple of the shows arent on but normally its the same as the national feed.

Since April 30, Channel 20 is now a METV affiliate and is part of the locals for LA, its not a subchannel, so its included on dish locals.

WTHR 13.3 METV has these shows blacked out because of syndex: Bonanza, Gunsmoke, Hogan's Heroes, I Love Lucy, Cheers, and Happy Days.

In addition to not showing scheduled programming, the local METV in my area does strange stuff. For example, last night the scheduled programming at 10PM was some trash called Parade of Quartets, a music themed program that recently replaced Thriller, to be followed by a Twilight Zone episode.
At 10pm, a Thriller episode comes on only to have this Parade of Quartets appear at 10:30, halfway through the Thriller episode. This Parade program runs for the full hour causing the Twilight Zone episode to be joined halfway through it.
Thriller has apparently joined shows like Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea and others that are on their schedule but always show other stuff.
The predecessor of METV In my area was RTV (Retro TV) and they did the same thing.

Now I've been trying to find EPG information for Antenna TV, THis TV and MeTV - through clear cable QAM in NYC market (So. CT)
All of these channels just say NO Info. when you the built in QAM tuner in the Samsung TV or when using a Kworld Converter box.
Any word on when info may be coming to my area?
Does anyone know of any say premium paid independent provider of a program guide?

I would give anything for a national feed of Antenna TV to be added to Dish. It's too bad there is no loophole that says subchannels of Superstations count as being Superstations themselves, I know WPIX and KTLA carry Antenna TV as digital subchannels.

I think the logical solution is to extract the guide information from the OTA signal. By doing that no one would have to rely on Dish for the guide information. My OTA locals do not use the same channel numbers as the ones via Dish, so I never have any guide information for them.

In Jacksonville, we have MyNetworkTV, but then on weekends they show METV programming, advertised as "MeTV on MyTVJax"...I wish we would just get MeTV programming all the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts