Antenna

Mr_Flintstone

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 21, 2014
KY
Does anyone here have experience with the HDB4X antenna? I have my big Winegard antenna finally tweaked for my local VHF channel, and there are a couple UHF channels that I would like to try for. I would need to move the antenna to another location or get a good UHF antenna to have a chance, and I'd like something with pretty good gain that's not huge.

I've put up quite a few 4 bay bowties of various manufacture and all perform comparably (in this area) 60+miles to two transmitters.
Use a U/V signal combiner between the VHF and UHF antennas and the TV .
Alternative is an amp with separate U/V inputs (be careful of overload) RCAPRAMP1
Why would you need to move it to a different location?? I've only placed them above the VHF ant.

I've put up quite a few 4 bay bowties of various manufacture and all perform comparably (in this area) 60+miles to two transmitters.
Use a U/V signal combiner between the VHF and UHF antennas and the TV .
Alternative is an amp with separate U/V inputs (be careful of overload) RCAPRAMP1
Why would you need to move it to a different location?? I've only placed them above the VHF ant.

The UHF station I am trying for is from a different direction, and the antenna I'm using now is seriously blocked in that direction by a building and a mountain. If I mount a UHF antenna on the other side of my house, I think I can get a signal through a little gap in the hills. I used to get the channel at that location back when it was analog.

I used the 8X version when I lived in Minneapolis (stations were 30 miles away). Duluth I didnt need it (2 miles away)

What station(s) are you trying to get?

I used the 8X version when I lived in Minneapolis (stations were 30 miles away). Duluth I didnt need it (2 miles away)

What station(s) are you trying to get?

Mostly WAGV. I used to get this channel on an old Gemini VHF/UHF antenna (that was supposed to have 7 dB gain) just before and after the digital transition. I never had much interest in the channel before, but they are supposed to be adding Retro TV and Family subchannels in December.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)