Antenna

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mr_Flintstone

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 21, 2014
KY
Does anyone here have experience with the HDB4X antenna? I have my big Winegard antenna finally tweaked for my local VHF channel, and there are a couple UHF channels that I would like to try for. I would need to move the antenna to another location or get a good UHF antenna to have a chance, and I'd like something with pretty good gain that's not huge.

I've put up quite a few 4 bay bowties of various manufacture and all perform comparably (in this area) 60+miles to two transmitters.
Use a U/V signal combiner between the VHF and UHF antennas and the TV .
Alternative is an amp with separate U/V inputs (be careful of overload) RCAPRAMP1
Why would you need to move it to a different location?? I've only placed them above the VHF ant.

I've put up quite a few 4 bay bowties of various manufacture and all perform comparably (in this area) 60+miles to two transmitters.
Use a U/V signal combiner between the VHF and UHF antennas and the TV .
Alternative is an amp with separate U/V inputs (be careful of overload) RCAPRAMP1
Why would you need to move it to a different location?? I've only placed them above the VHF ant.

The UHF station I am trying for is from a different direction, and the antenna I'm using now is seriously blocked in that direction by a building and a mountain. If I mount a UHF antenna on the other side of my house, I think I can get a signal through a little gap in the hills. I used to get the channel at that location back when it was analog.

I used the 8X version when I lived in Minneapolis (stations were 30 miles away). Duluth I didnt need it (2 miles away)

What station(s) are you trying to get?

I used the 8X version when I lived in Minneapolis (stations were 30 miles away). Duluth I didnt need it (2 miles away)

What station(s) are you trying to get?

Mostly WAGV. I used to get this channel on an old Gemini VHF/UHF antenna (that was supposed to have 7 dB gain) just before and after the digital transition. I never had much interest in the channel before, but they are supposed to be adding Retro TV and Family subchannels in December.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)