Antennas Direct 91XG

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mserrano

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Jun 27, 2004
Stone Mountain, GA
After trying both a Channel Master 4228 and a Winegard 9095 at my house (Stone Mountain, GA near Atlanta), and trying them in two different outdoor locations, but still always had 1 or 2 DTV channels that wouldn't come in reliably (not always the same ones), I ordered the 91XG from Antennas Direct ( http://www.antennasdirect.com/91XG_HDTV_Antenna.html ).

I can tell you that this antenna works as advertised. I am feeding two DTV tuners (Sony XBR960 & Dish 811) and 3 analog TVs using a Winegard DA-405 UHF distribution amplifier. Separate VHF antennas are used for analog 2,5,8,11 and DTV 10 (91XG will not pickup DTV 10).

The Atlanta DTV signals for 2,5,11,17,30,34,36,46,63,& 69 all come in at 92% or higher on the Sony. DTV 42 (low-powered "The Atlanta Channel" for tourism) comes in at 65%. On the DishNetwork 811, everything except DTV 42 comes in at 80% or higher. DTV 42 comes in at 65% but drops out occasionally.

For those interested in analog reception, for the first time I can receive analog 30 (WPBA) without ghosting. The improvement in analog 69 (WUPA) is absolutely stunning (used to be unwatchable), with no ghosting and just a small trace of snow. Analog 23, 53, 57 & 63 are noticeably improved, and for the first time I have a faint signal on analog 55.

If you have had difficulty receiving DTV with Channel Master or Winegard, definitely try the Antennas Direct 91XG. Just remember it won't work on VHF-hi (it might work closer in to transmitter).

Thats a very large yagi antenna it might be a good idea to add a lightning arrestor to that. also adding an antenna rotator on it will give you some fine tuning and possibly even more stations.

Ive looked at that antenna for a very long time. Ive always wondered if it works, or would work any better than the Yagi I have now. Sure is much cooler looking. But I dont see why it would work any better. Basically has the same elements except for the vertical components on the back instead of just horizontal. Whats the problem with DTV 10? why would it not pick up a digital channel?

I have a lot of multipath problems where I live and that is where the 91XG makes a huge difference. The 91XG also has more gain than the Winegards and Channel Masters. If all of your stations are in the same direction, but have drop outs, the 91XG will make a difference.

The 91XG is not specifically designed for DTV 10, but it will work for some people. I just happen to live in a tough area for TV reception.

Lorenzo said:
http://www.hdtvprimer.com/Antennas/comparing.html ...is a good site that compares some 20 antennas with gain versus frequency and polar diagrams for each antenna.

Unfortunately, they have not yet included the XG91 in the data on that site. All I can say is the XG91 solved my OTA problem from my attic after a 70" UHF/VHF combo, Winegard PR-9018, and Winegard PR-8800 did not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)