Antennas Direct Clearview 4V

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

localclassictvfan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 26, 2015
Lafayette, Louisiana
Bought an Antennas Direct 4V yesterday. Hooked it up under the 8bay and I have the 8 Bay and the 4V connected into the blonder tongue. For you more experienced antenna people. With the Antenna Direct 4V, do I need the 8 Bay connected with it or there is no need for it anymore. From what I checked out of the Clearview 4V, it seems I might not need the 8 Bay anymore. Thanks and Merry Christmas

If they're pointed in the same direction, there's a pretty good chance that the combination will do more harm than good.

The terms "8-bay" and "Blonder Tongue" are very vague. There are lots of different 8-bay antennas and Blonder Tongue makes all sorts of devices, both active and passive. Specifics will allow us to offer more relevant answers.

Radar-All.png

Boba here is my TV following from my address in Rayne La 70578

If they're pointed in the same direction, there's a pretty good chance that the combination will do more harm than good.

The terms "8-bay" and "Blonder Tongue" are very vague. There are lots of different 8-bay antennas and Blonder Tongue makes all sorts of devices, both active and passive. Specifics will allow us to offer more relevant answers.
The Clearview has a part that comes with a coaxial and the coaxial connects from that piece (75 ohm transformer) to the uhf in on the vhf connector. There is a vhf/uhf connector there too which I run the coaxial from the TV too. That's how it would run if I use the Clearview 4v only

Harshness presently the specifics (my current set up) are the coaxial is connected from the 75 ohm transformer to the UHF in on the vhf kit on the Clearview 4V Antenna. The coaxial from the TV is connected into the blonder tongue, another coaxial is connected to the low of the blonder tongue from the Vhf/UHF on the Clearview 4V and the other coaxial is connected from the high side on the blonder tongue to the 8 Bay. I'm thinking I don't need BAY BAY anymore.

Based on stations coming from multiple directions and the proximity, I'd say you're using the wrong style antenna. A good omnidirectional antenna may be much better than a directional array unless you're trying to chase after some of the 1 edge stations in the yellow zone with a rotator. The two-edge and tropo stations are pretty much off the table in UHF band. KXKW is going to be a serious problem for most UHF antennas (this includes the UHF antennas that claim -- typically a stretch of the truth -- to support VHF).

Again, "Blonder Tongue" and "8-bay" are not sufficiently definitive. Blonder Tongue uses model numbers and descriptions and most companies that offer antennas assign them at least model numbers.

Harshness presently the specifics (my current set up) are the coaxial is connected from the 75 ohm transformer to the UHF in on the vhf kit on the Clearview 4V Antenna.
There's an 80% chance that anything connected to a LOW input on a Blonder Tongue device of any kind is going to have the UHF frequencies stripped away. Most devices with a HI and LO designation are diplexers and they're designed to keep the antennas from overlapping. Since both antennas are ostensibly UHF antennas, this is a very bad thing.