Anti-Virus "Disappears"?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

yourbeliefs

Something Profound
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 20, 2007
Northeast
Apparently yesterday, my dad's AVG Antivirus got deleted. The problem is that my dad DIDN"T delete it. Somehow it got deleted by itself! Has anyone heard of this happening? Is this the sign of a MAJOR f-ing security breach? His system is pretty up to date and he's the only one that uses it.

Let's see, you're the same guy who was complaining in the "what's annoying you" thread about your home internet, and then about the network at work being hosed. Sure it's not you? :D

Upon further review, it looks like the Kernel Driver got messed up and I was looking at an old AVG folder, hence why it looked like the program was uninstalled. A forced update fixed everything. :)

Let's see, you're the same guy who was complaining in the "what's annoying you" thread about your home internet, and then about the network at work being hosed. Sure it's not you? :D
To do a rundown:

Home internet was caused by a problem by AT&T where the entire BLOCK lost internet.

Work internet was caused by the Comcrap modem needing to be rebooted.

I view myself as the Dr. Who of computers, where I am knowledgeable and full of good intentions, yet bad things seem to just follow me.

OK, then you and I are more alike than I thought. I'm a network admin, and I can walk into a room full of servers and something's going to break before I make it back out the door. :)

I swear by AVG its one of the best virus softwares out there. :D

I swear AT AVG, at least I did last year when they upgraded to the new version, and my pc suddenly acted like an 1988 IBM XT!

I went to another anti-virus software for quite awhile (until they started having issues), but eventually came back to AVG when they fixed those severe problems.

I use AVG here too but there are some serious threats floating around lately.

I have been having problems with FireFox getting hit bad with malicious tracking cookies. Since typing this post here there have been 7 attacks of spyware that have been snagged by my Spyware Doctor and AVG running. I have removed Firefox now from my laptop because of this.

As for AVG being disabled, watch out for a new malware that has been circulating called XP Police. IT will attack your system and begin sending out your data to a remote IP address. I have no idea how this gets installed but it hit me this morning at 5:30 AM and by 7AM, I saw it was busy uploading all my C drive and had just begun to upload the first folder of the Documents and settings files when I pulled the ethernet cable.
This completely disabled AVG! Then it disabled my Task manager. I still have not been able to access my task manager but now have XP Police removed.

This damn spyware will cost me a half day trying to get rid of it. What a PIA!

AVG free v8 for me has been having issues for the last 3 or 4 days. Killing itself, claiming it needs a re-install because it cant verify its free key anymore. 2 - 4 times in the same 4 days span. Getting annoying.

AVG free v8 for me has been having issues for the last 3 or 4 days. Killing itself, claiming it needs a re-install because it cant verify its free key anymore. 2 - 4 times in the same 4 days span. Getting annoying.

I have gone with COMODO Internet Security after using AVG for years. It's a complete suite for free, and I also have ThreatFire running with it also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)