Any advantage over installing directv by myself with my own equipments?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

minjoke

Original poster
Oct 10, 2009
pa
I thought I ask you here first before I call directv. 8 months ego, I inherited directv equipments (slimline, international and hd receiver) from my friend who moved back to his native country. I just installed the system and the installation went without a hitch and now all I have to do is order a programming package. Given my situation, just what do I need to expect from directv rep? Will I be subject to different rules in terms of package price, etc.. Any advantage at all as far as I`m concerned. Appreciate any inputs.

Is the HD receiver "owned"? Did you check the Receiver ID with DirecTV to verify its status?
You might have a problem with activating it!!!

If the receiver was not yours but it is a clean receiver they will still probably require you to get a new access card. Besides for that you will just have to choose your pkg but there is no additional discount for hooking up your own equipment

If the receiver was not yours but it is a clean receiver they will still probably require you to get a new access card. Besides for that you will just have to choose your pkg but there is no additional discount for hooking up your own equipment

This is correct. The new access card may cost you $20, although sometimes that fee is waived. Also, as a new customer you will be in a two year commitment.

You will be a new customer & should get something "free" or "discounted" even though you have your own equipment. You only get one time to negotiate as a new customer so I would ask for the world while you still maintain all the power. If movies are your thing, ask for specials on those. If sports are your thing, negotiate for the NFL Sunday Ticket & the Sports Pack. Make sure you are getting free HD for life & you should have one of the helpful sponsors here refer you; I believe they get $100 off their bill & you get $100 off your bill.

Enjoy.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts