any bets on a new channel for june1?

eschu97611 said:
"39 channels in HD" (06/01/04)-Voom advert.

Oh I see... On their website, it says "VOOM offers up to 39 premium high definition channels (as of 6/1/04)". You can look at this a couple ways...

- "Up to" means that the 37 HD channels they have now are indeed "up to 39". So they don't have to add anything by tomorrow (6/1).

- But putting a 6/1/04 date in there may have some kind of significance. Like a contract that starts on that date or something.

So we sit here in the same spot we have been for weeks speculating what *may* be added next. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the feedback. I do agree that inHD would be a nice addition. I've never seen HDnet or HDnet Movies so I'd be happiest if they added those. :)

I too have been watching inHD and inHD2 fairly frequently. I've been a subscriber to their email list for quite some time now.

1. INhd offers top quality 1080i on the level of HDnet
Agreed. My set down-rezs 720p to 480p. I need to force 1080i in STB for best pic.

2. Inhd has stunning 1080i Hockey like HDnet
Most of the hockey I saw was re-runs of a few college games. I thought the NHL has a deal with HDnet effectively closing out inHD?

3. Some HD MLB games.
Yep! Love it!

4. It is the HDnet equivalent on cable.
HDnet deserves kudos for their original content.

5. The 2004 lingerie bowl in HD !
:) Missed it. Had to work. grrr.

6. HD documentaries of sporting events etc.
7. HD boxing
8. HD kick boxing
11. Some HD college basketball
12. HD MLS soccer
13.HD USA rugby
16. HD ultimate fighting
Rarely live and often repeats of events held quite a while ago. Since I know little of some of these sports I do enjoy seeing and learning more about them.

9. HD trips to exotic places. Shows similar to DIscoveryHD but not duplication.
IMAX stuff is nice. I've been waiting for them to re-release their stuff on DVD in widescreen anamorphic. Best eye candy is the 'Over' series like 'Over America', 'Over British Columbia' etc. Really nice stuff there. But some of that has already been shown on our local PBS station.

10. HD movie prevews
Yes and now PPV HD previews too.

14. HD movies
15. HD concerts
My favorite categories. Frequent repeats. Getting better though. Cinema 10 shows a wider variety of flicks. I've enjoyed several older films recently on Cinema 10. Many of the concerts on Rave are reruns of the PBS series SoundStage.

OK lets think about this. VOom owes us 2 HD channels by 6/1/04.

inorder for that to happen the channel has to be launched on or before 6/1/04. Divine is going to be on cinema10, that is clearly not a new channel that will increase the total.

SO what HD channels are out there that are live now or launching on 6/1/04?

FunkyBoss said:
Oh I see... On their website, it says "VOOM offers up to 39 premium high definition channels (as of 6/1/04)". You can look at this a couple ways...

- "Up to" means that the 37 HD channels they have now are indeed "up to 39". So they don't have to add anything by tomorrow (6/1).

- But putting a 6/1/04 date in there may have some kind of significance. Like a contract that starts on that date or something.

So we sit here in the same spot we have been for weeks speculating what *may* be added next. :rolleyes:

The way I've always read the "up to" clause was that if you subscribed to all the HD channels you would have the max 39 (up to a total of 39). Otherwise, if you are not VaVaVooming and only picking a plus pack here and there you would obviously have less than 39. The more I think about it the more likely i think something big may be brewing for tomorrow, especially with that "6/1" date.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts