Any CES E* news on new HD channels

The funny thing is Universal HD was created so that it could air programs from SciFI, USA and Bravo in HD and so that Universal did not need to launch 3 seperate HD channels.

That would be cool and all if they showed things that were somewhat current. I hate having to wait 6 months to watch Battlestar in HD like it was ment to be.

As for the whole D* "They're gonna be the new leader" vs "Its all hot air!", I don't care either way!

If they are full of BS, then they lose even more subs and E* gets more credibity with potental national HD networks. If they are dead on, or even if they get 50 national HD channels, all that does is give E* more compitition and make it more likely that E* will have more channels.

My HOPE is that D* does get most of those networks they are advertising, and E* decides that since they can't add all of them they just add some and start a PQ war. I can see the ads now "Dish claims the most HD, but we have True HD (tm)" With the PQ problems I hear about with D*, I could see E* deciding to NOT add 2-3 national HD stations and get rid of HD lite. They might even start using the term.

THAT would be great for everyone! :D

Unfortunately it's all about numbers and not PQ. Heck that's what Dish only claim now is they have more National HD (eventhough they are HD Lite and most voom channels no one cares about). So don't hold your breath on either sat provider changing PQ as the first priority.

I'm hoping that fttd like fios and 1080p sets will start making PQ a more widespread conversation. It may be a foolish hope.

Sounds like a lot of people are fed up with getting 30 plus HDTV channels on DISH and would apparently rather have D's 15 or 20 or even cable's 12 or 13 HDTV channels, not to mention that DISH costing less is very annoying.

Sounds like a lot of people are fed up with getting 30 plus HDTV channels on DISH and would apparently rather have D's 15 or 20 or even cable's 12 or 13 HDTV channels, not to mention that DISH costing less is very annoying.

Well put.

Great post. :up
But don't forget with D* you don't only get 15 or 20 HD channels, but a promise of 100. It's the promise that has all the "Lifetime watching" sensitive types pissing themselves. Maybe Charlie should promise 1000 HD channels by years end for those that would rather have promises than actual channels. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts