any chance for a new dual tuner ota dongle?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yes it has the DISH logo on it and it's black, just like the one in post #86 that you referred. I don't know why they call it the Lark adapter, maybe the manufacturer's name?
That is what I assumed. Of course, with all the talk earlier this year about Dish abandoning kangaroos, and choosing a different animal as their mascot instead, maybe the next new Dish receiver will be called the Lark. :)

We have the testing results that the original dual dongle got 6-10 more stations than the air dual dongle(#123 PDF). We then have the results that the new Dish dual Dongle got 3-4 more channels than the old Dish Dual dongle( #90). That would say that the new Dish dongle would get 9-14 more stations than the air dongle. So why is the air dongle better ? I guess pay less to get less.

Has someone tried out yet the newest DISH OTA adapter from Ebay?

I tried one out over the weekend & was pleasantly surprised.........thus far

I have 2 HWS & wireless joey in my setup. I installed the new dual tuner, did the reboot & started using it. I recorded 2 ota sub channels & watched the recordings....no break ups
I watched both ota tuners live & no break ups. Went to the wireless joey & was able to watch ota channels with no break ups. I had not been able to do this with either the older
single tuner or the older dual tuner without major break ups. Yesterday morning, I felt the new tuner & it was barely warm. So I am very happy at this point. I do have the
AirTv version coming & hoping it will work just as well on the other HWS.

forgot to mention that the new dongle show 100% signal on all of the channels, not sure what the others showed, but don't believe it was 100.

With all of the positive news, I still have a sub channel that even though it shows a signal of 100%, still will not display on the tv. Even when it does, there is no sound. Same way on both HWS, but I can watch it on any of the TV's via their tuner.

I tried one out over the weekend & was pleasantly surprised.........thus far

I have 2 HWS & wireless joey in my setup. I installed the new dual tuner, did the reboot & started using it. I recorded 2 ota sub channels & watched the recordings....no break ups
I watched both ota tuners live & no break ups. Went to the wireless joey & was able to watch ota channels with no break ups. I had not been able to do this with either the older
single tuner or the older dual tuner without major break ups. Yesterday morning, I felt the new tuner & it was barely warm. So I am very happy at this point. I do have the
AirTv version coming & hoping it will work just as well on the other HWS.
Thanks, good news

We have the testing results that the original dual dongle got 6-10 more stations than the air dual dongle(#123 PDF). We then have the results that the new Dish dual Dongle got 3-4 more channels than the old Dish Dual dongle( #90). That would say that the new Dish dongle would get 9-14 more stations than the air dongle. So why is the air dongle better ? I guess pay less to get less.
So, more heat = more channels? :)

Reactions: charlesrshell
OK, i'm confused. If it is not supposed to arrive until Monday, what's the problem???

Maybe this will alleviate the confusion. The notion that "Out for delivery" did not mean it was actually being delivered did not mke sense to em. When not one but two UPS trucks rolled by without stopping I got suspicious and, as it turns out, it was delivered Saturday-----but not to my address. It has been hunted down and they will try to make delivery to the correct address tonight.

Hopefully all is well that ends well. But we will see.

We also have at least one comment form Voyager with somewhat different results. I am not sure I would conclude (yet) that the Air TV adapter does not work as well.

Does the Lark adapter have the DISH logo on it?

It's the one on the right. Did I not name it correctly? It's the new one from eBay.

20181007-124619.jpg

I got my Air tv usb dual tuners today one for my hopper and one for my parents Wally. I have tested it this afternoon and I noticed that instead of 100% I get the actual strength of the tuner, like green and 94 % . With the older usb dual tuner I had before it came in at 100% on everything except the yellow channels that came in less in the 80s. So far the only time I noticed anything unusual was when I turned to a UHF channel 6 after I was on an VHF channel 12 and the screen popped up saying acquiring ota signal and it then went to 94 % and tuned in to the channel. But I haven't noticed any pixelation that I used to get on the other dual tuner. I will take the other Air Tv dual tuner to my parents house this week sometime and install it.

The trick I used to install it on the hopper was to unplug the hopper and switch out the tuner and then plug back in the receiver. When I did it that way the ota channels were already saved in the receiver's memory from the DISH dual tuner I was using and I could tune to them. I still ran another scan to see if I could get any better strength on any of the yellow channels. I only saw it go up from the mid 70s to the mid 80s. The other main networks came in green with varying strengths.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts