any chance for a new dual tuner ota dongle?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
My AirTV dual tuner arrived today and I spent no time in disconnecting the old Dish single tuner and installing the new AirTV tuner. After rebooting it saw the new tuner so I ran the scan for channels.
IMG_6137.JPG

The channels all show 100 for signal quality, better than the old Dish single tuner, so that’s encouraging. I deleted the timer I had put in to mitigate the OTA breakups so we’ll see what happens tomorrow.

My AirTV dual tuner arrived today and I spent no time in disconnecting the old Dish single tuner and installing the new AirTV tuner. After rebooting it saw the new tuner so I ran the scan for channels.
View attachment 135481

The channels all show 100 for signal quality, better than the old Dish single tuner, so that’s encouraging. I deleted the timer I had put in to mitigate the OTA breakups so we’ll see what happens tomorrow.

Is that the same number of channels you had before? Just trying to see how the various tuners compare and scratching my head about different results from different testers.

Reactions: TheKrell
Is that the same number of channels you had before? Just trying to see how the various tuners compare and scratching my head about different results from different testers.
Technically, yes, but that's because I haven't scanned in a long time and some of the LP stations have expanded their offerings. One medium-power station went crazy and now has six sub-channels instead of three that were there at last scan. But no new TV Stations outside of my Market Area.

I know I said I would not post unless I found anything different but since we seem to have several different experiences I thought I would throw in that I get slightly better signal strengths than I did with the old single tuner (I quit using the original dual tuner some time ago) . That could be better sensitivity or just a different scale I am not sure. PQ and AQ seems about the same PQ maybe slightly better. No breakups so far.

I did reacquire an LP in my area I lost a few months ago but that may be just the luck of the scan. BTW my scans seem pretty consistent in terms of stations received and signal strength. I will have to check periodically though because the old dual tuner performance degraded over time. Even without a scan I was simply unable to tune some channels after a few months.

Any way that is it from here.

I'm still trying to figure out why DISH is selling the AirTV dual tuner in direct competition with the DISH dual tuner and for $30 less.

I'm still trying to figure out why DISH is selling the AirTV dual tuner in direct competition with the DISH dual tuner and for $30 less.

Not really that strange. Companies often sell identical or nearly identical products at different price points. Look at the auto industry. Plymouth?Dodge for years and all those legacy GM nameplates) Not sure here if the AIrTV adapter is identical to the dish branded one. They look similar but there may be different firmware in there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)