any chance for a new dual tuner ota dongle?

Well calling tech support did not get me anywhere. The tech rep insisted that the guide data from the OTA stations come from the stations and my stations must be messing it up. Hopefully it goes away-----or I find a DIRT member.
DIRT can't do anything about it. Wait for a nightly update, hopefully it goes away.

That did not work last night. But who knows it moght tonight. any other suggestuons from anyone?

Why does that sound like the solution to aproblem from a bad 60s sitcom?

Here’s a try. Take the antenna off of the adapter, pull the plug on the receiver, plug it back in and let it boot up, then (without the antenna attached) do a scan, then when you get a zero channel result reattach the antenna. Now do another scan and see what you get. It will take you about 15 minutes to go through this. Maybe it will have a goid result, maybe not. You only have 15 minutes to lose.

Have you tried another re-scan? The more I think about it, that's what I did, after the reboot.
Why does that sound like the solution to aproblem from a bad 60s sitcom?
ms-jPnZk2.gif

(actually, I think this was from the 2000s)

Just thought of something. When I drop Locals for OTA only, do I lose Primetime Anytime? Not a great loss, and might even help with my HD space. problems. Just wondering.

Good luck Krell. I still have the issue today but I am still hopeful. Just do not call the CSRs or bother DIRT.

I received my AirTV adapter on Monday, but couldn't install it until today (Saturday). While replacing the old one, I noticed that (1) the old one was pretty hot and (2) there was a 3-way splitter in the circuit for no reason. So, this wasn't exactly a good comparison. But upon rescan I got 65 channels including Washington D.C. locals all of which come in around 100, and Baltimore stations which come in around 85-90. This should fix my WMPT channel 22 breakup problem, which was the whole reason for my big antenna on the roof and this new more sensitive tuner. All distribution amps are out of the signal path as well.

I also got some stations I don't remember ever seeing before, which have fair (70's) signal strength. I'll have to look them up but I'm suspicious I'm getting Frederick stations as well.

I also got some stations I don't remember ever seeing before, which have fair (70's) signal strength. I'll have to look them up but I'm suspicious I'm getting Frederick stations as well.

I looked up the stations and I was wrong. All the stations I can now see are Washington and Baltimore stations. No Frederick.

There are a fe low power stsations that can be hard to receive. you may be picking up WWTD or WRZB. Decades is not a bad channel and one in a long while retro TV has someting of interest.

Reactions: TheKrell
Newest DISH OTA Dual adapter has shipped. ETA is Saturday.

Received my Newest Model Dish Dual OTA Adapter Tuner today, got her installed and tested. Picks up a few more channels than the AirTV adapter and the weaker channels signal is a little stronger.The temp is about the same as the AirTV adapter. See attached.

Attachments

• OTA Signal Test-A.pdf
    414.2 KB · Views: 123
  • OTA Adapters.jpg
    OTA Adapters.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 239
Received my Newest Model Dish Dual OTA Adapter Tuner today, got her installed and tested. Picks up a few more channels than the AirTV adapter and the weaker channels signal is a little stronger.The temp is about the same as the AirTV adapter. See attached.

Thank you for the side-by-side comparison. Very interesting.

Is the new and latest OTA adaptor the one with the cooling holes or the one like the air adaptor?

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)