any chance for a new dual tuner ota dongle?

I am having good results so far with the Air TV dual adapter. That seems to be reflected in the results from others of late. But early on we saw several negative posts. To those who got poor results with the Air TV adapter do you think there is some reason for that? is there any reason you can think of? any unusual circumstance in your case? I am not challenging you just trying to understand and maybe help those who might be affected.

Reactions: charlesrshell
My single tuner is in the recycle tub. After 14 months and a new product, it is obvious Dish has no intention of making them viable again. Trash!

If I remember correctly, DISH didn't have any control over that tuner, the drivers were written by a different company and then they stopped working with dish to update or fix their drivers. Was it a driver issue or did the company learn their hardware was no good? The world will never know. :)

If I remember correctly, DISH didn't have any control over that tuner, the drivers were written by a different company and then they stopped working with dish to update or fix their drivers. Was it a driver issue or did the company learn their hardware was no good? The world will never know. :)

Are we talking about this single tuner from Pace International? I never had any issues with it. In fact, I used it right up until the AirTV dual adapter arrived Tuesday. The single tuner is what I use for OTA channel scans, since its so reliable. Then I switch to the dual.

240241.jpg

Ok, is this maybe why my single tuner dongle worked just fine until a year or so ago when I started having constant signal breakups(Joeys and recordings) as reported by others here and in other threads? My concern with buying one of the new dual tuner dongles was whether a future software update could make them problematic as well. I guess there is no way to know what the future might bring.

Ok, is this maybe why my single tuner dongle worked just fine until a year or so ago when I started having constant signal breakups(Joeys and recordings) as reported by others here and in other threads? My concern with buying one of the new dual tuner dongles was whether a future software update could make them problematic as well. I guess there is no way to know what the future might bring.

Those issues weren't (aren't) being experienced by everyone. The single tuner works fine with my Wally.

Reactions: pattykay
Those issues weren't (aren't) being experienced by everyone. The single tuner works fine with my Wally.

Yep, this is why I always believed it was a Hopper/Joey software issue causing the problem vrs. the tuner being the culprit. I remember years ago experiencing the same exact problem that was eventually fixed with a software update. This time it's been going on for over a year with no fix in site. I guess the only way to resolve the problem now other than the autotune trick is by getting one of the new dual tuners.

Reactions: pattykay
Are we talking about this single tuner from Pace International? I never had any issues with it. In fact, I used it right up until the AirTV dual adapter arrived Tuesday. The single tuner is what I use for OTA channel scans, since its so reliable. Then I switch to the dual.

View attachment 135580

This is exactly what I did. Scan the channels in with the original single tuner then connect the Hauppauge dual. My original single tuner will not be going anywhere.

The Hauppauge works fine for my Harrisburg locals, but is not as stabile when I look at Baltimore. The new Air TV tuner works perfectly for Baltimore.

I am not sure at all if this is related in any way but suddenly my OTA guide data is messed up. I see guide data for WRC Ch.4 listed as WMAR Ch.2. WUSA Ch.9 is listed under WRC and WWTG AND WJAL seem to have swapped listings. Is anyone else seeing this?

I am not sure at all if this is related in any way but suddenly my OTA guide data is messed up. I see guide data for WRC Ch.4 listed as WMAR Ch.2. WUSA Ch.9 is listed under WRC and WWTG AND WJAL seem to have swapped listings. Is anyone else seeing this?
Similar happened to me after I did a re-scan. A plug pull re-boot fixed it.

Well calling tech support did not get me anywhere. The tech rep insisted that the guide data from the OTA stations come from the stations and my stations must be messing it up. Hopefully it goes away-----or I find a DIRT member.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)