any chance for a new dual tuner ota dongle?

Go back to post #303.

Well it's obvious that there was some sort of (software?) incompatibility going on whether it was a driver issue or not. All I can say is that my single tuner worked just fine for a long time until Dish did a software update. As I stated earlier I remember a Dish software update causing the same exact problem with OTA pixelation years ago that was eventually fixed with another update. Of course I'm no expert when it comes to such things. It would be nice to know what was truly going on.

Currently, with the original Dish OTA adapter, I am getting several stations away from the Valley. I live around 64th St and Cactus, not high up, but my guide includes 6 PBS Tucson, 7 KAZT Prescott, 9 KGUN Tucson, 18 KTTU Tucson, along with a few others. But these all are quite watchable and have been for some time. In fact, I can remember watching them back when Gabby Giffords was shot.

The outdoor antenna in my single story house is just a basic one that was already up there when I moved in around 13+ years ago.

It'll be interesting to see what the AirTv does differently. I'll report back then. And BTW, my Sony TV from back then is also connected separately to that antenna, so the signal’s actually been split.

Got my AirTV today. Everything looks fine, including the distant stations. Will do some test recordings tonight before I change all my timers and cancel the Dish locals.

Well it's obvious that there was some sort of (software?) incompatibility going on whether it was a driver issue or not. All I can say is that my single tuner worked just fine for a long time until Dish did a software update. As I stated earlier I remember a Dish software update causing the same exact problem with OTA pixelation years ago that was eventually fixed with another update. Of course I'm no expert when it comes to such things. It would be nice to know what was truly going on.
Well frankly at this point, it's a mute point. A better, cheaper solution has arrived. Just be happy with that like most of us are.

Well, this should be my final update for my AirTv Dongle. It's just warm which is fine. My old single Dish Dongle was a lot warmer than the new AirTv. I just deleted all my ota channels in my H3. Re-plugged the AirTv Dongle back in and the H3 seen the new device and when the H3 rebooted, I did a rescan for my locals. Can't really say much about the signal, but all in the green like my older Dish Single Dongle. It picked up all my locals. I am very happy and looking forward to watching my locals! After reading all the reviews on here, I knew this would work. To be honest, I would not have even known about this AirTv Dual Dongle if I didn't read it here. I thank all you guys for your comments. Happy wife, Happy home :amen.

Well frankly at this point, it's a mute point. A better, cheaper solution has arrived. Just be happy with that like most of us are.

Don't get me wrong. I' am happy that a solution has finally arrived. What I'm not happy about is the fact that I've been dealing with a problem for over a year and now it is costing me money to get it fixed.

I know, wah wah wah.

But will it be a tuner that does ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0? Some stations will go over to the new standard while others will not, at least for a while. I know it written into the rules that stations that move over to ATSC 3.0 will have to broadcast both for some time.
The chipset should do both. :)

Does Dish own AirTv?
I received my AirTv tuner yesterday and it has Customer Service at Dish and the Dish address in Denver, Co as the return address. It was made in China and the one that Dish supplied was made in Malaysia.
It is the white $29.99 one on the AirTv website listed in some of the above post.
It is much cooler than the one supplied by Dish but I do not think that it is any better as far as loosing the TV signal.
I changed channels a lot just to see what it would do. Sometimes it shows the lost signal for a second and then connects and sometimes it shows it for three of seconds.
A couple of times it lost the signal and did not connect. Had to change channels to get it to work.
Will have to wait and see what it does when I am not putting it through my "constantly changing channel" test.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Does Dish own AirTv?
I received my AirTv tuner yesterday and it has Customer Service at Dish and the Dish address in Denver, Co as the return address. It was made in China and the one that Dish supplied was made in Malaysia.
It is the white $29.99 one on the AirTv website listed in some of the above post.
It is much cooler than the one supplied by Dish but I do not think that it is any better as far as loosing the TV signal.
I changed channels a lot just to see what it would do. Sometimes it shows the lost signal for a second and then connects and sometimes it shows it for three of seconds.
A couple of times it lost the signal and did not connect. Had to change channels to get it to work.
Will have to wait and see what it does when I am not putting it through my "constantly changing channel" test.

Give it a day or two to settle out