any chance for a new dual tuner ota dongle?

An Air TV rep is about as informed as any other call center representative and the only real information they have is the scripts in front of them.

Chances are the CSR is someone getting paid $12 and hour and perhaps has never seen or used an air tv or for that matter has ever seen or used a Dish Hopper.

With that said I would not call Air TV about this as what’s going to happen is we are going to see them change the price to $60.

We are trying to save people money here. :)

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

An Air TV rep is about as informed as any other call center representative and the only real information they have is the scripts in front of them.

Chances are the CSR is someone getting paid $12 and hour and perhaps has never seen or used an air tv or for that matter has ever seen or used a Dish Hopper.

I understand the game. Pay your money and take your chances.

My white AirTv dual tuner has made in China on it, not Denver but it has a Dish-Denver return address on the box.

I called AirTV yesterday to check on my order. Today I received an e-mail from Dish wanting to know about my Cust. Svc. experience from yesterday. It appears that Dish and AirTV are one in the same.

Why wait? :confused: That just means that you won't see it working on the day you get your H3.
Because no matter what rep I talk to regarding a deal I can't get anything in writing and with every rep I talk to the charges are never the same.

Today I went a level up to a supervisor who supposedly made a committment since I'm a Preferred Customer. Said she would send me a break down of the charges for a 2 year comittment regarding a Hopper 3 and one Joey, total mo. charges including taxes and fees "will be" $65 a mo. for 2 years. So, guess what? Still no written confirmation of our contractual agreement. Haley, supervisor - "Give me 15 minutes to put it together." It's been 2 hours - nothing.

I've been with DISH since the 80's and have learned not to trust these bastards. They are shady, greedy. All I've been asking for, for 3 days now, is something in writing. :cool: The game is to promise something and after you've signed the dotted line find out with your first bill you've been screwed.

I've been with DISH since the 80's and have learned not to trust these bastards. They are shady, greedy. All I've been asking for, for 3 days now, is something in writing. :cool: The game is to promise something and after you've signed the dotted line find out with your first bill you've been screwed.

Since the 80's huh? I thought DBS didn't come around until 1996.

You need to email ceo@dishnetwork.com and deal with them. That's the Office of the President. They'll give you everything in writing. Just be friendly, tell them you are a long time customer, are considering leaving and would like to discuss options. I wouldn't suggest calling them greedy bastards when you speak to them, though. ;)

Since the 80's huh? I thought DBS didn't come around until 1996.

You need to email ceo@dishnetwork.com and deal with them. That's the Office of the President. They'll give you everything in writing. Just be friendly, tell them you are a long time customer, are considering leaving and would like to discuss options. I wouldn't suggest calling them greedy bastards when you speak to them, though. ;)

Echostar was selling C Band Equipping in the 80s. So he may have been a customer of theirs then.

Just to give a quick update. The Airtv dongle is working great for me. On my most difficult channel I have yet to see one breakup. This is the same channel that the hdhomerun couldn’t tune. Up and down dropout. Same repeating pattern over and over and we were never able to figure it out. Not sure if the weather is contributing but so far so good over 5 days.

Reactions: Mark609
Just to give a quick update. The Airtv dongle is working great for me. On my most difficult channel I have yet to see one breakup. This is the same channel that the hdhomerun couldn’t tune. Up and down dropout. Same repeating pattern over and over and we were never able to figure it out. Not sure if the weather is contributing but so far so good over 5 days.

I have also found the AirTV tuner to be more sensitive than my HD Homerun Connect tuner.

Still waiting for my AirTV adapter to arrive. I ordered it last Thur. but have not gotten an item shipped e-mail yet. They must be on back order now because of you guys ordering so many:)

I ordered one last Wednesday, the 24th. Got an email today saying it would arrive tomorrow, UPS 2nd day air, so you should have yours Friday

Care to correct any tiepoes too while you're at it? :clapping I was one of the original customers who picked up a box of equipment and installed everything myself before there was an installation service. Don't really care about the exact date. It's not the issue.

Well, come to find out what was quoted by a DISH supervisor today for the 120 channels is $55 vs what she quoted me on the phone, $43. No mention of free installation in the contract terms nor the fees, price of a Joey, etc. Again, they're all sleeze balls. Looks like I'll have to waste another 30 minutes of time with the 4th call tomorrow. No other corporation practices such sleeze, aka non transparent games, as DISH.

Programming Package
Price*
America's Top 120 $54.99
America's Top 120+ $64.99
America's Top 200 $74.99
America's Top 250 $84.99
Latino Clasico $34.99
Latino Plus $39.99
Latino Dos $54.99
Latino Max $69.99
*The prices set forth above are subject to your participation in the eAutoPay promotion or any successor promotion (and receipt of a $5 discount per month in connection with such promotion) at all times during your Price Guarantee Period.

Receiver
Fee**
Hopper, Hopper with Sling, and Hopper 3 $10.00/mo.

Any constructive advice is appreciated regarding what's the norm with reputable and honest ops - full disclosure. The forum petty "gotcha" barbs are not.

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts