Any Chance These Channels Will Be Added to AT250?

Which channel(s) would you like to see added to AT250?

• The Movie Channel Xtra East

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The Movie Channel (East) HD and SD

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Encore (SD)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sundance

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Flix

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • All of the above

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • None of the above [please list reason or channel(s) wanted]

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters

Mojo Jojo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2009
US
With D*'s recently added Choice Ultimate package, one has to wonder if the following channels will go into E*'s AT250 package:

The Movie Channel Xtra East
I am guessing that D* will add the HD version to the Choice Ultimate package. While E* has the west feed in AT250, wouldn't it just make sense to add the east feed as well even if it is not in HD on E*, yet? I know that D* does not have the west feed, but if D* adds an HD feed...

The Movie Channel (East) HD and SD
Well, D* has it in their Choice Ultimate package...I know some will say we have Encore HD in AT250, but I am guessing D* will add it to their Choice Ultimate package when it launches.

Encore (SD)
D* has it in the Choice Ultimate package; my guess is they will add the HD feed as well when it becomes available. AT250 has the HD feed, why not just add the SD feed as well? I am sure those with SD only boxes would be pleased.

Sundance
D* has it in their Choice Ultimate package. I am sure some would like to see it.
Ok. So, Rainbow and E* are not exactly on good terms....So, they could add what I have next on the list instead....

Flix
Cable companies such as Cox have Flix in their movie tier or package with Encores, etc.

Why do this? Well, I notice that D* has been adding channels E* had such as The Documentary Channel. I also noticed that D* added the Choice Ultimate package with the Encores and The Movie Channels similar to what E* had offered before them (along with Sundance). Therefore, I think it would make sense for E* to do the same as D* in order to compete. This could be a good thing for the satellite TV consumer.

This may also settle some with the upcoming price increase.

In the poll, you can vote for more than one if you do not want them all.

With D*'s recently added Choice Ultimate package, one has to wonder if the following channels will go into E*'s AT250 package:

The Movie Channel Xtra East
I am guessing that D* will add the HD version to the Choice Ultimate package. While E* has the west feed in AT250, wouldn't it just make sense to add the east feed as well even if it is not in HD on E*, yet? I know that D* does not have the west feed, but if D* adds an HD feed...

The Movie Channel (East) HD and SD
Well, D* has it in their Choice Ultimate package...I know some will say we have Encore HD in AT250, but I am guessing D* will add it to their Choice Ultimate package when it launches.

Encore (SD)
D* has it in the Choice Ultimate package; my guess is they will add the HD feed as well when it becomes available. AT250 has the HD feed, why not just add the SD feed as well? I am sure those with SD only boxes would be pleased.

Sundance
D* has it in their Choice Ultimate package. I am sure some would like to see it.
Ok. So, Rainbow and E* are not exactly on good terms....So, they could add what I have next on the list instead....

Flix
Cable companies such as Cox have Flix in their movie tier or package with Encores, etc.

Why do this? Well, I notice that D* has been adding channels E* had such as The Documentary Channel. I also noticed that D* added the Choice Ultimate package with the Encores and The Movie Channels similar to what E* had offered before them (along with Sundance). Therefore, I think it would make sense for E* to do the same as D* in order to compete. This could be a good thing for the satellite TV consumer.

This may also settle some with the upcoming price increase.

In the poll, you can vote for more than one if you do not want them all.

What competition? DirecTV charges more than Dish for programming....end of story.... no competition as far as I see it.;)

I am just saying that D* seems to be copying some things from E* like the Choice Ultimate package with the Encores that seems to be like AT 250. However, D* charges $68.99/month. E* charges $62.99 currently, but soon it will be $64.99. D* started adding other channels like The Documentary Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel that have been on E* along with the HD feeds of WGN America, Travel, Msnbc, etc. However, D* seems to add a little more like Sundance and ESPN U HD. I am not a big sports fan unless it is local, and I like movies. I am just saying that even though E* has been very good with movie channels and premiums that E* should maybe try to beat these little extras that D* is adding. I still think E* has a better lineup than D*. Some people with sports may disagree. However, like I said I am not a big sports fan. I think E* has a fair share of sports channels even Fox Soccer Channel (which looks very nice in HD when I pass by it). What I like is having an RSN and a local channel that D* did not offer. Of course, when I saw E* had the Encores and west feeds of The Movie Channel that also helped with the switch to them, and they are cheaper for most maybe unless you have a lot of multiple receivers now.

True, DISH charges less for LESS.

It depends on what you want. If you like some sports, then D* may be better. However, I think E* is better for movies. Fox Soccer Channel is in AT250 for example with E*, though. I think it is best for people to compare both and see what they want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)