Any Channel Master Stream+ CM7600 users?

dishdude

SatelliteGuys God
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
After reading up on these little units, it sounds like they are pretty powerful units for the money. I ordered one yesterday morning direct from Channel Master for $129 plus an additional 5% off by signing up for their newsletter. It shipped free later that afternoon via USPS and already was delivered! It helps they're located here in the Phoenix area but that's still pretty impressive.

Biggest drawbacks appear to be no Netflix or Amazon Prime (my TV does both of those). It does do HBO Now which my TV doesn't, so it will fill that void nicely. Also, no chase play and although it does do series recordings it doesn't differentiate between new episodes and reruns.

On the plus side, it runs Android and has no monthly fees.

More to follow once I get it setup tonight.

Reactions: navychop
Does it fall back to PSIP when no Internet is available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Setup was a breeze, less than 15 minutes to connect to the network, update software and apps, pair the remote, scan for channels, program the remote to the TV and login to everything. It walked me through the entire process.

I'm very impressed with the speed of the unit and I really like how clean and attractive the user interface is.

14 day guide is a nice touch! Not sure if it does PSIP, but before it downloaded the guide it was showing me what was on but wouldn't go more than an hour out.

I have had a CM-7600 for more than a year and it suffers from numerous problems:
1. Its OTA receiver is less sensitive than mass market LG HDTVs. It is unable to receive my local PBS station reliably. I have spent $100+ on an dual beam AntennaDirect antenna with Wineguard amplifier with no difference.
2. Android TV is never updated and so many streaming apps such as Hulu no longer run on it.
3. Any playback while the unit is recording leads to a corrupt recording.
4. Series recording schedules are often mysteriously deleted. I have done a factory reset and rebuild several times but nothing helps.
5. ChannelMaster tech support has no real support since it is only a rebranded device made by another manufacturer.
In conclusion I rate this device a failure soon to be replaced by a Tablo OTA DVR (even though they charge for the TV listings).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)