Any Costco 921 sightings yet?

Just checked the Costco in Santa Rosa, CA and found an even dozen.
I wonder if the future buyers will know how to get to this forum to find out how to get it to work and what to 'really' expect from it?

Just bought mine at Costco

Just bought mine at a Northern Virginia Costco. A number of the stores in the area, including Maryland have them. The store I was in had 8 on the shelf. Well, now its 7. They had 16 delivered, so assume that they have 8 in the back, since they were put out today.

Now I just have to figure out if I can do it myself, or call Dish for the free install.

Just picked one up at the Sterling Va store. They had about 30 sitting there. Going to look great with my 30" LCD HDTV coming from dell.

retsef said:
Just bought mine at a Northern Virginia Costco. A number of the stores in the area, including Maryland have them. The store I was in had 8 on the shelf. Well, now its 7. They had 16 delivered, so assume that they have 8 in the back, since they were put out today.

Now I just have to figure out if I can do it myself, or call Dish for the free install.

Installed today

Bought mine at Costco in Tigard (Portland), Oregon a couple weeks ago for $489.00, used the certificate inside to arrange the free install. Installer was here today (good guy, knew what he was doing for sure), and the installation included replacing my dual LNB with a Quad model and running all the cables, etc. through the walls. It's now set up and downloading. Will be interesting to see how the actual operation goes, as the rest of the threads in this forum have been, ummm, interesting.

Morena store in San Diego has stock

Just bought mine at the Morena store in San Diego. They had about 18 on the floor. I did ask and La Mesa has 13 and Mission Valley has 13. Just a FYI. And to think I almost bought one for $549.00..

Ray

What I cannot get at is justifying the payment to buy into a 921 knowing that the unit could be obsolete within the year. Having the ability to DVR HD programming worth the money? I'm currently getting jerked around for a DVR capable digital cable box from my cable co now. Not having to wait and have my family gain the flexibility of having a DVR 4 HD would be great, but worth the price range? BTW: I already have dishnetwork for basics only.

Got mine today from my local Costco in Central Florida. Installation scheduled for next Tuesday and Dish confirmed that all necessary switches/LNBs will be free of charge.

I'm a newbie to 921 (I have a 522). I installed a nice LCD TV for a friend - the Syntax 30". SD TV looks very grainy on it :-( Can he purchase the 921 from Costco and NOT subscribe to HD channels/package? Does the free install coupon require signing up for the HD channels/package? The 921 is basically going to be used to upconvert regular channels to 780p and function as a DVR (imagine the 522 with upconvert features).

BTW, what is the quality of the upconverted channels in the 921? I.e. much improved/no change/slight change/etc.

Thanks for your help.

saidiadude,

IMHO, if your who purpose for 921 is use as a external scaler, you will be disappointed. You will still notice a lots of artifacts for SD channels. SOme of those artifacts is due to the channel compression on the Dishnetwork, has nothing to do with the scaler itself. BTW, there is no 780p format, only 480p, 720p and 1080i.

I already have a 921 (paid $950 for it from dishstore.net). I'd like an extra, and that's a great price, but Costco stores around here (Minneapolis/Twin Cities) do not have them and Costco won't ship. So if someone just happens to be at a Costco that has one and can pick one up for me and ship it, that would be great. E-mail me if you'd be willing to help out a fellow Satellite TV fan and Costco member.

I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one interested in the service as well, so speak up if you want one. :)

Thanks.

-J.C.

Cyclone said:
I went to the Costco in Gaithersburg MD today. No Dish Network receivers to be found. They did have promotion display set up with info though. Nothing specificially about the 921.
Follow up: They now have them at this store.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts