any current reports for Shaw in Mexico City ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

user123

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 29, 2010
TEXAS
Hello

Looking for current (2013) reports on reception for Shaw in Mexico City. I heard that they have (or will...) changed some satellite configurations or something to comply with can't-broadcast-beyond-Canada rules or something.

Anyway, just looking for current reports and any intel if the above rumor is correct.

Thank You

Business as usual. Read some of the previous posts as there has been a lot of discussion already. Just don't call Shaw from a US or Mexican number. They won't help you

I agree with showtime´s comment, I´m in Mexico City and I haven´t had any problem, only thing is that Anik G1´s signal doesn´t reach this area, but that is something I can live with.

Snowbirds - When you return to the southern US or Mexico if you have had your service on "vacation hold", what do you say if you are asked why you have not had service for the past six months or so?

Snowbirds - When you return to the southern US or Mexico if you have had your service on "vacation hold", what do you say if you are asked why you have not had service for the past six months or so?
I'm in the same boat. Don't know what I'll say to them. I do have HAFH so there could be trouble.

After 6 months the service comes on automatically, no need to call anyone, so get there a day early and make sure you have a green light on your receiver and it should be good to go. If they know it is in the uS or mexico it maybe a different story?

I´m in the understanding that the Home away from home program has been discontinued and replaced with the second home (in Canada) program

I was not aware of the HAFH being cancelled. It looks like I'll have to call SD to find out about my billing. I just don't want to call at all. I have my account turning on before I head south, so I'll wait till then.

I know, what I suggest is to go under ground. Tell them you sold the RV or cabin, not going south anymore etc. Have all receivers at home on the same type LNB, then when the time comes you grab a rec head south or where ever plug into your dish there that has the same type of LNB and yer good to go.

Showtime, I'm not so concerned about reactivating. My problem is the charges to my bill (HAFH charge).

I know, what I suggest is to go under ground. Tell them you sold the RV or cabin, not going south anymore etc. Have all receivers at home on the same type LNB, then when the time comes you grab a rec head south or where ever plug into your dish there that has the same type of LNB and yer good to go.
I've been thinking about that same scenario for the past 5 months.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)