Any ETA on 2nd gen Genie Mini?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
I'd like to see a better performing Genie Mini clients, the haven't released any new hardware in a while as far as Mini clients goes.

Reactions: chuck6961
I'd like to see a better performing Genie Mini clients, the haven't released any new hardware in a while as far as Mini clients goes.

Icewolf
I'm right there with you.
The delays in changing channels for me
I can't stand.
I have a mini 4K unit in my bedroom
And I'm constantly thinking about putting the
HR54 back in my room. Not sure why we can't
Have 4K on their best machine?
Direc needs to address this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this was just DirecTV they would have released a new client by now, but since AT&T bought them out Its really hard to think they would invest in new and improved hardware.
They could technically try to use the same technology that UVerse wireless receivers used, I heard the UVerse clients worked really well, especially the wireless ones.
The way my condo is designed the main receiver is upstairs and the wireless client is downstairs, it would be very ugly if they ran wires to the living room.

Either way both clients need huge improvements, sometimes because of the lag I type too many digits when changing channels.
This is really unacceptable.
Also fast forwarding or rewinding is dreadful because the slow response when you input a command through your remote.

If this was just DirecTV they would have released a new client by now, but since AT&T bought them out Its really hard to think they would invest in new and improved hardware.
They could technically try to use the same technology that UVerse wireless receivers used, I heard the UVerse clients worked really well, especially the wireless ones.
The way my condo is designed the main receiver is upstairs and the wireless client is downstairs, it would be very ugly if they ran wires to the living room.

Either way both clients need huge improvements, sometimes because of the lag I type too many digits when changing channels.
This is really unacceptable.
Also fast forwarding or rewinding is dreadful because the slow response when you input a command through your remote.

I have Uverse as well.
Better receivers across the board.
Yes, Uverse wireless boxes are much better
Than the minis. Much more stable. That said
The entire Dvr set top units are better than Direc's.
a hybrid unit might not be a bad idea.
If I were Direct I would seriously revamp their current Dvr lineup.
Clunky and antiquated comes to mind.

There is a C61KW in the works but otherwise nothing that I have seen/heard of.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts