Any German Channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Bummer. Out of scope of this forum: i may need to look into getting a secondary provider any suggestions? ..or is streaming content the best bet?

I have a German au pair coming to stay for the next year. Does DirecTV offer any German channels?

Dish Network has German programing,but the choices are limited for the price(just 6 channels). Also no doubt the programs on those channels are old repeats of shows she(or he) have already seen in Germany. Trust me,your au pair will no doubt be happy enough watching American programing on DTV. Also,your au pair is here to learn English in addition to taking care of your children,so English programing will be good enough for her(or him). You won't find much better choices on the internet either for German programing than what Dish has.

If anybody wants to know my "authority" on the subject,I was married to a German,who spent time in the U.S. as an exchange student,& I lived in Berlin for over 2 years,so I know German behavior some. What German programing that is offered on Dish Network & some pay IPTV networks are for German ex-patriots who have lived here for a while & want a little taste of home. Watching Deutsche Welle would be as exciting to your au pair as watching Voice of America programing is for us.German Kino Plus,My German TV,& Pro Sieben Sat.1 Welt are probably like BBC America,they replay a year or two old programing from German TV that no doubt your au pair has already watched(if they spend time watching TV).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts