Any golfers here?

Nice! Yeah, I can't wait until the weather breaks either. It's been entirely way too long since I've last been on a golf course (October).

In my bag, I have Ping G2 Irons (2 Iron thru PW) that are about 5 years old now, a Cleveland Sand Wedge, a 10.5° Cleveland Driver and a 15° Cleveland Fairway Wood.

I have a 9 (where is the degree symbol on the keyboard) King Cobra driver that is about a year old, and a 9 wood. I need something between those two clubs and that will be next.

If anyone wants to buy my old set of clubs let me know. They are Wilson Pro Staffs.

I am currently carrying a set of Tommy Armour Hot Scot irons 2 through PW, old sand wedge (can't remember what kind), Wilson Pro Staff 3 & 5 woods, and Callaway Big Bertha Diablo driver. I cannot wait for the snow to melt.

One nice thing about living in SoCal is that I can golf any day of the year. In fact I can snow ski and golf on the same day, something I have done before. ;):p

I have a 9 (where is the degree symbol on the keyboard) King Cobra driver that is about a year old, and a 9 wood. I need something between those two clubs and that will be next.

If anyone wants to buy my old set of clubs let me know. They are Wilson Pro Staffs.

If you're using a PC, hold down the "alt" key and type 0176.

I have a nice set of Wilson Staffs of the classic blade design. They were made before anyone thought to distribute the weight around the perimeter of the club. They work really nicely when you hit the ball on the sweet spot, but when you don't ...

My woods have Persimmon heads and Tru Temper shafts. I was a big hitter in my younger days, not so much because I was a talented golfer as because my fundamentally unsound swing incorporated every conceiveable tradeoff of accuracy for distance. I used to be able to impress people by going around my local course with them saying, "I once hit a drive to here... I once hit a drive to there..." but now, with modern equipment, they all can hit 3-woods further than I could ever hit my driver.:(

Golf plays me. I love the game, the game doesn't love me. My bag has several tree woods. I can go through most courses saying, "I hit this tree, hit that tree, etc...."

One nice thing about living in SoCal is that I can golf any day of the year. In fact I can snow ski and golf on the same day, something I have done before. ;):p

I have the best weather of them all!!! :D

BBBUUUTTTT....I also price issues down here. This is high season for golfers and the courses go nutz with the way the price gouge!! I play at a very nice...one of the nicest city park run golf courses in the US. Key Biscayne....but during the winter, it is $125 with cart to play. Oh, and that is for Dade County residents. For non-Dade, it's around $140 and non Florida reisdents....it's $175!!:eek:

During the summer, when it is Africa hot.....$50 for a round, bucket of driving range balls, cart and lunch consisting of a sandwich, chips and a soda!! WTF??!!:rant::mad::(

I did till they did this to my GC.
orchardgardensgc.png

orchardgardensgc.png

City had a chance to buy it at fair market but a developer got right of first refusal. He brought in giant land moving equpt and tore all of it up before the city could get an injunction to stop. He also laid all of his foundations on the wrong set back. Lets just say his surveyor was given a mark to hit. He tore down everybody's back yard fence saying the land was his...
As you can see most of the lots are still empty and by the brown grass most of the model homes are empty too.

nice goin B'ville

Last edited:
to avoid trees play a converted farm.

I picked up a calloway bag for $1 at a garage sale.
dude left it outside all year and the sun faded one side really bad. add 1 can of satin black rustoleum fusion paint and its gorgeous.

Laid off last Friday. Farm doesn't open for a month or so ...dang!!

Oh, you're way too modest Paul. You'd kick my ass in golf, that's for sure.

Didn't play much last summer, and my handicap is now up to 17. Getting too old and too poor to lower down to the goal I had of a single digit.

Salsa, vacation season pricing is a bitch for you locals. You need to go to Myrtle Beach for a week. They're giving away golf right now. My boy just went down there, and he got a spectacular deal for 7 days, including 7 days of premium courses. Lodging and golf for less than a K. On the beach on top of that.

... it is $125 with cart to play. Oh, and that is for Dade County residents. For non-Dade, it's around $140 and non Florida reisdents....it's $175!!:eek:

When I played regularly played Sagamore, Hampton in the mid to late 1970s, it was $6 weekday, all day, which for me often meant 54 holes. But they screwed us on Sundays, raising the rate to $7.:eek:

In the mid 1980s, someone bought the course and spent several hundred thousand dollars building an opaque fence around the property and tripled the greens fees. They did absolutely nothing to improve the course. To me, that is the perfect example of the New Hampshire mentality. Make something more valuable by keeping people out. I stopped by there in the late 1980s because I was going golfing elsewhere and noticed that my six iron was missing and thought they might be selling clubs in their clubhouse, but they weren't. Then I asked them if they now required reserved "Tee" times, and this guy actually said, "We don't let just anyone play here. We decide whether they can play or not." Ooooh! I am in awe of their exclusivity policy. I never went back there again.

I'd never join a club that would have me as a member.

- Groucho Marx

I have the best weather of them all!!! :D

BBBUUUTTTT....I also price issues down here. This is high season for golfers and the courses go nutz with the way the price gouge!! I play at a very nice...one of the nicest city park run golf courses in the US. Key Biscayne....but during the winter, it is $125 with cart to play. Oh, and that is for Dade County residents. For non-Dade, it's around $140 and non Florida reisdents....it's $175!!:eek:

During the summer, when it is Africa hot.....$50 for a round, bucket of driving range balls, cart and lunch consisting of a sandwich, chips and a soda!! WTF??!!:rant::mad::(
Where can you go snow skiing in FL (particularly within 30 minutes of your house) and still do something else during the day wearing shorts?;)

This spring I am going to try something I haven't done yet, but others have.

I am going to go snow skiing in the morning, golfing or beach in the afternoon, and catch a Dodger game in the evening.

I have done two of the 3 before, but never all three in one day.

Where can you go snow skiing in FL (particularly within 30 minutes of your house) and still do something else during the day wearing shorts?;)

LOL!!:up But truth be told....NO ONE like to go snow skiing in the winter because that is when we FINALLY get a break from hurricanes and Africa hot weather.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)